Most disliked pundit

Such top notch management, how did he fail.

3 Likes

Yet we accept him as a pundit MHā€¦
Just shows the lack of background checks Sky took out before appointing him eh

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t class him as a human being, let alone a pundit.

Canā€™t stand the prick

2 Likes

I donā€™t, I found his rant about how shit about Man Utd vaguely entertaining I doubt Iā€™ve agreed with him ever mind.

2 Likes

By default MHā€¦
If you listen to, or watch him, you have accepted the shit on a plate punditry Sky Sports serve to us. It really has got to the stage when they more or less insult the intelligence of the average fanbase.
Shock value, sensationalism, off-the-cuff remarks, infantile behaviourā€¦ It doesnā€™t impact anymore
because we have become immune to most of it, but it still remains the foundation for Sky Sportsā€¦
Oh, and throw that ā€˜own teeth and hairā€™ geriatric commentator Tyler in the mixā€¦ well enough said.!

2 Likes

To be honest most of its muted nowadays, I donā€™t think I can stand a single one on there.

Edit: I actually donā€™t mind Alan Smith and the bloke who commentates with him but thatā€™s it.

No doubt Tyler would have mentioned us today in whatever game he was on.

2 Likes

Taking a bit detour hereā€¦

Not a pundit (and definitely not most disliked), but how do you evaluate Melissa Reddy!

I think she is top journalist and I liked her articles, especially on the cultural and gender difficulties being a Sports journalist. I have her book, ā€˜Believe usā€™, havenā€™t had a chance to read it yet, it has very good reviews though.

2 Likes

I definitely wouldnā€™t say no.

6 Likes

I canā€™t wait for Martin Tyler to retire. I have to switch off the volume, when he is talking.

6 Likes

I find her voice a wee bit irritating but seems good at her job.
And what @Scott.Jones said. :joy:

3 Likes

Honestly, you guys! :neutral_face: :upside_down_face: :joy:

5 Likes

I really like Henry Winter. He is very earnest in his views on players

2 Likes

Hot! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to get to borrow the e-book Believe Us: How JĆ¼rgen Klopp Transformed Liverpool Into Title Winners as itā€™s available at our library network. I do not remember there were really anything new that we have not learned during the past few years under the Boss. Nevertheless, itā€™s a good book from Melissa Reddy.

Now, back to disliked pundit. :wink:

1 Like

Probably be quicker to name the ones that are good!

Richards, started off well but is now the village idiot. And can someone please get him into a suit that fits.
Danny Murphy. Awful, very much a state what you see pundit.
Shearer. See above but has improved.
Redknapp. Is there a more pointless pundit. Offers nothing, like having a hyperactive child on the TV.

But joint worst are Jenas and Kenny Cunningham. Most seem aware of Jenas and his total gobshitery but unless you tune into Irish TV then you havenā€™t had the joy of Cunningham. States what he sees as if itā€™s analytical gold, his accent grates through me (Iā€™m Irish and as such I am allowed slag him for his Irish accent. You lot canā€™t otherwise youā€™re racist :joy:) and he has no clue what heā€™s talking about.

We have a great one over here imo, Richie Sadlier. Well spoken, not afraid to disagree but explains why and can be passionate without bordering on hysterical (think how worked up and lost from reality Hoddle can get when the spuds are playing.)

3 Likes

Stan Collymore and Robbie Savage. Both have the same habit of finding one small incident in a game, blowing it out of all proportion and banging on about it for hours (maybe eternity). Even when proved wrong. Something all units are guilty of, but I think these two are the worst.

3 Likes

What about Alan Curbishley??? I have seen him rarely, but he sounded pretty sane.

1 Like

Have to say Iā€™m surprised he never returned to management after West Ham

2 Likes

He had health issues didnā€™t he? I have to say, Iā€™ve always liked the man, even as a manager, and he was someone I never minded seeing in the studio. I havenā€™t seen him in studio for ages though although that might just be because I have taken to tuning in at the whistle, off at halftime whistle etc for many months now just to avoid all the arseholes they have.

2 Likes