Most disliked pundit

To be fair, that was one of the most incredible moments in football, I don’t think it matters if it was City/Aguero or someone else.

3 Likes

It was, was a great finish to that season to be fair.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong,it was a great moment in football,especially to end the season and beat United to the title (making it even sweeter) BUT this thread is about pundits you hate, that old cunts voice goes through me like nails down a chalkboard and to think he thinks he’s that special that Aguero would want his matchday notes “signed by him” makes me think he’s even further up his own arse than what i though he was.

5 Likes

I feel the same about Clive Tyldesley when England play, can’t stand that man’s voice when he’s excited. I do like Tyler’s voice. He’s getting on now, sometimes can be more passive, but generally I like him. Good memory, good informations, good stories. But understand if I’m in the minority.

4 Likes

Boo! Clive’s a Liverpool fan!

1 Like

Didn’t know that. His squeaky voice is something else. I’m sorry the fact that he’s a Liverpool fan can’t change it for me.

:joy:

1 Like

Yeh he does, “When the whistle got blew”.

1 Like

Honestly, I’m sure I screamed louder than Tyler when Aguero scored that goal. Given what City have become I feel a bit of a tit for having celebrated it so hard, but the moment got me. And Fuck Fergie.

3 Likes

Clive Tyldesley and Gary Bloom on Merseyside Radio City football commentary in the good old days!

1 Like

Mark Goldbridge is a decent pundit.

4 Likes

You weren’t the only one. I was in a pub and everyone went nuts when Aguero scored, because it stopped Utd winning the league. But, I’m afraid City’s fans are now as big if not bigger twats than Utd’s and I’ve got no time for them.

7 Likes

It’s amazing what success does to attitude and perception. In the early to mid 00s I despised Arsenal and Arsenal fans (the ones I was exposed to). The arrogance dripped off them. It didnt take too many years after for them to be considered harmless and people metaphorically patted Wenger on the head like a pet.

In contrast I was raised around City and City fans and so a big part of me thinks of them as Manchester’s more authentic football club. Seeing them pip Utd was great, but by fuck I’d be happy if they never won another game again now. My dad has turned from an old school footballing purist raised on Colin Bell and Tony Book to an entitled 12 year old when it comes to City. I can barely talk football to him these days.

5 Likes

In that moment, it doesn’t even matter so much who it is, it’s amazing to witness it. Of course we don’t like City, but that’s one of the historical sporting moments.

It’s amazing how, over the last decade or so, ABU has become ABC.

2 Likes

Agree completely. He’s Ian Wright V 2.0 but not as good.

And please, for the love of God, can somebody recommend a tailor that can provide him with a suit that actually fits. He looks ridiculous.

3 Likes

I quite like Wright nowadays he has mellowed a lot.

I don’t mind Clive T when he is commenting club matches, doesn’t help having Lee Dixon next to him for England who just seems permanently pissed off.

I like Wright too now. He seems to enjoy what he does and doesn’t try to appear superior like twats like keown and jenas.

Jenas. There’s a guy who has a big book of clichés under his arm at every match.

6 Likes

Jenas is utterly dreadful and yet seems to be getting pushed literally everywhere, he is apparently on the one show now.

3 Likes

I have to agree. I like his style of commentating and his voice too but you do realise you get panned on here for saying so…I have never really understood the hate for him. I have noticed that fans on other clubs forums don’t seem to like him either though. Maybe it is just a forum thing :thinking:

2 Likes

Probably for his boyish looks and affable idiot boy next door persona.

1 Like