Most disliked pundit

Obviously my exposure to the issue is very limited and my opinion may very well be swayed by the commentaries I usually experience.

1 Like

You could leave “female” out of that statement and still be correct!
How we are crying out for Giles and Dunphy…

2 Likes

Haha. Very true. And Billo too.

Duff has a face like a smacked arse and looks and sounds like he’s there under duress. Didi is great as always imo.

You’re one last night though looked and sounded like she’d batter you for looking at her the wrong way!

Yeah, I listened to Casey Keller basically say it was nonsense to expect a keeper to be able to use feet to distribute the ball.

I don’t know how any high ups in BBC Sport look at this and think it’s ok to let Lawro carry on with his predictions and for Jenas to be involved as a pundit anymore.

1 Like

We all know Lawro is bad and he exists on the fringes due to that but Jenas is front and centre and my concern is he is being groomed to take over MOTD.

I hope they give Gabby Logan the role or Alex Scott anyone but Jenas. Mark Chapman I wouldn’t say no but it seems he is demoted to Sunday’s now.

3 Likes

Wasn’t sure where to put this, so decided to stick it in here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57954378

BBC website vote for best Premier League forward. Feel free to ignore or throw a few votes the way of some of our guys.

The reason I went for this thread, is because I hate the way the bbc always do these. Firstly only sticking to Premier League since footy didn’t exist before then, and it always seems to be weighted in such a way that it’s always going to be a Manc or a current BBC pundit who will progress. Only to then be won by C. Ronaldo yet again. And they do it so often in one form or another.

1 Like

Up to Salah I would agree but they’ve given him that one easily.

One odd thing about that is I totally forgot Costa played for Chelsea.

3 Likes

McNulty meanwhile puts us second and recognises our injury record.

To me it’s probably closest to how I see it, Liverpool don’t need VVD to play week in week out mind, the quality to the back has been added with Konate not to mention Gomez and Matip are there as well. The back four will no doubt be rotated but this allows us to have our best when needed.

Throw in Alisson and a decent understudy in Kellher as well as a midfield that hopefully will play more games then this side has a chance.

To me City haven’t improved with the purchase of Jack Grealish and have yet to replace Aguero (no doubt they will).

I would say Chelsea have improved and so have Man Utd but on what we won’t know, as last season was such a baffling one. I for one expect we would have got better results from December with some crowds, we certainly would have been better if at least one of our three main defenders had been fully fit through out.

You have to also throw in the fact that the two seasons had very little break. If we are judging it on the one that finished in March of 2020 (effectively how I see it) then I don’t think Chelsea or Man Utd have made the strides to close that gap to the level Liverpool were at. Man City got through COVID because their squad is so big.

Man Utd suffered one injury in a place they weren’t as well stocked and they lost 4-2 to us, is that how far behind they are? You can add Sancho and Varane to that team but you can also add Henderson, Mane, VVD, Konate, Matip or Gomez to our team.

To me we have a chance and who is going remove us from the top 4, you take Man Utd and Chelsea into account and Man City but I’m seeing no one else who is that close?

These pundits really are awful. Admit it if you don’t like us.

2 Likes

Not my least favorite pundit I think (haven’t read him that often for him to be that high up on the list), but I am impressed with his enormous ego here in this article:

Such quality punditry….Sounds like he had them on an Acca…

2 Likes

I don’t dislike him, but he isn’t doing himself any favours with this quality of analysis.

3 Likes

[/quote]

He was shite on Strictly as well…!

As someone who has had my own struggles, I commend Collymore for being upfront about his mental health issues. That said, he doesn’t help himself half the time — his aforementioned ego speaks for itself (and himself) and it doesn’t seem like he ever wanted to buy into the “team” ethic. Can’t imagine how frustrating he would have been to watch week-in, week-out.

Used to be a big fan of Barry on the Guardian football weekly podcast when James Richardson was hosting, but his sniping at Liverpool was one of the things that led to me dropping it after James and the gang left to set up their own podcast.

8 Likes
5 Likes

They were unlucky in that they set out to plough through every Liverpool player at every opportunity and have a few of us carried off. As the boys escaped serious injury, Burnley were unlucky in that their game plan failed… but only just!
Shower of Cnuts with Dyche just a poundland version of Alladross.!

6 Likes

That vid of Barnes on Matip is ridiculous yet can be seen replicating itself all over the pitch when those cunts play but the pundits are strangely (deliberately) clueless to it. Klopp has alluded to it more than once and still, it’s all good according to them, and some of our fans.

6 Likes

Yup also see Barnes on Jota throughout.

5 Likes