Most disliked pundit

We’d best be prepared for more of the same biased punditry next weekend, we play Chelsea the new darlings of the Premier League.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Funny moment that. You got to give him that he knows how to wrestle. Effective.

1 Like

His whole thread is spot on.

1 Like

Why I don’t bother beyond the match, I might leave it on after a big match just to live in the moment but as soon as Klopp had finished I switched off.

Analysis before the game is even worse.

7 Likes

The opinions on the forum are more thought provoking than TV pundits put forward…
Robbie Savage behaves like a big kid…
Chris Sutton shit stirring smug bastard…
Danny Murphy… F*** In Hell…
and the list goes on and on…
Give us a break will ya.!

2 Likes

There’s a reason why they are never allowed in our forum. :sunglasses:

They can’t even do the I’m not a robot test :rofl:

1 Like

My issue with him is the way he goes on is you would think he was a 10 times Ballon d’Or winner.

1 Like

What gets on my tits is when pundits who were average outfield players suddenly become World class goalkeeping experts when commentating.

7 Likes

So Jenas and Murphy didn’t see Jota get picked up and thrown to the floor? Or Matip get body slammed? Both would be legitimate moves in wrestling and that was just two incidents.
Maybe they didn’t happen at all and I was hallucinating.

10 Likes

I get the feeling this is how a lot pundits in England want the game to be played. Isn’t there a lot of “back in my day” and glorifying how things were in the 70s, 80s, 90 and such? I don’t watch PL games with English commentary, so I don’t know if I’m full of shit or not. Well…on this subject at least.

3 Likes

I think that is definitely a big factor in this. You can see it when the pundits like Lineker talk about the refereeing changes being made to combat ‘soft penalties’ and diving as if that by definition must also mean ‘wrestling’ being allowed.

https://twitter.com/Biggies_MaIIs/status/1430097449742479360?s=20

2 Likes

@redfanman Glendenning was at it again on the Football Weekly pod, about Klopp ‘moaning’.

He shares it around though, I think he dislikes pretty much every big club manager. At least doesn’t like when they complain about stuff. Solskjær got his share as well :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s exactly that sort of mentality which enables dinosaurs like Dyche, Allardyce, Warnock and Pulis to remain in the game. All of them are millionaires because of their ‘dogs of war’ tactics.

6 Likes

Yes, they seem to take it from one extreme to another, with little nuance.

And whether we like it or not, I do think the way football is being talked about on tv and radio/pods drives the discource, affecting how a lot of people think about the game. So maybe the concervatism among pundits and their aversion to changing and adapting leads to a certain way of thinking and talking about the game among parts of the public, I don’t know.

It could spark good debates as well though, if there are public counter parts advocating a different point of view. And if there’s room for it.

2 Likes

Applies to everything in modern life, not just football, sadly.

It’s brainwashing by the mass media… or it would be if the audience actually had any brains.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I can’t find the article unfortunately, but he did one when he first arrived at Melwood about his role, and he went into such depth about how he studies both attacking and defensive throw-ins even going down to what individual players will do 3 or 4 passes after the throw-in has been taken.

It is that sort of knowledge that impressed Klopp. Danny Murphy is just a fucking moron

8 Likes

Murphy has made an entire career as a pundit of rubbishing people who think about the game in more depth than he does. I was never as attached to him as a player as many other fans were, but every time he opens his mouth it is apparent why Rafa so quickly took such a dim view on him as a player.

8 Likes

There is a happy medium in the discussion.
Even when robust tackling was part of the game the assault on Jota would have been a penalty. The assault on Matip would have been punished.

In my opinion tackling is an art and an essential element of football.
Players “going down to easy” is there and always will be. Hence the need for VAR and unbiased and fair officials.

Think of this
Jota no penalty. Not discussed.
Alli penalty.

Tell me if there is any logic to the decisions.
The game is in danger of over sanitisation, and a good meaty challenge should be acceptable once its fair.

1 Like