Most disliked pundit

New one for me and it’s not since yesterday actually, Paul Ince.

Another one who mainly when I listen to some of the absolute crap (when it seems like there’s no difference if they brought a kid from the streets to the studio) he says, I wonder did he really have a career at the top level, was a captain/leader, played for a few huge clubs and all that?

Plus, he constantly sounds angry and frustrated at everything around him. Arrogant, but in a bad way. He’s not even funny.

What’s the problem with this guy? Can’t get over the fact that he didn’t have a better career (from what I see his one was quite good), better career as manager, that his son didn’t have a better career than he’s having?

1 Like

All of the above I’d imagine. Wasn’t he a complete nightmare to deal with when we were in negotiations about his son?

2 Likes

Paul Ince was known as “The Guv’nor”.

A nickname he penned for himself.

He was a very good player but a colossal prick.

6 Likes

Have to say the ‘pundit culture’ in England is on a similar embarrassing level like the referees.

Pundits in germany are also very annoying (like Lothar Matthäus and Hamann) but it’s not like we have hundreds of them.

It feels like in England everyone has a stupid opinion on everything.

Who the fuck is Glenn Hoddle and even more who the fuck is Danny Mills to speak about us.

7 Likes

It’s strange how they weren’t so outspoken about all the other clubs, who have had games postponed due to Covid. Even Hoddle’s beloved Spurs had a two week break because of it and Mills never misses an opportunity to have a go at Liverpool.

7 Likes

Why now…

This is just pathetic.

It remains Paul Merson for me.

He didn’t like Fergie upgraded him with Roy Keane and is still angry at that.

1 Like

Wrong again Garth. Two assists from Left Back not enough for Robertson to get in ahead of Thiago Silva? :rofl:

Also, Virgil doesn’t really deserve to be in there. Alisson helped him and Matip out a few times.

Here’s mine

1 Like

Ironically I actually think VVD was generally fine yesterday, I think Matip was ropey and his runs kept seeming to go into someone.

Robertson should make any team of the week mind and so should Alison. Those are the two I would choose, with the lack of goals you’d think there was better than VVD out there mind.

Also bar the goal did Laporte do much, City were lucky not to concede one or two more and looked very dodgy on corners.

3 Likes

I’m starting to think that Garth Crooks is a made up person and his entire existence is some sort of elaborate troll and/or philosophical thought experiment.

3 Likes

His best was when he picked a defender who hadn’t played.

3 Likes

He still does that?

I remember using his squads to play and make my favourite XI (regardless of form) of the players available and also pick the formation.

:joy:

2 Likes

I didn’t see the Palace game except for the MOTD highlights, and I thought I was not seeing clearly because of this -

Jenas whines about Firmino being active and offside so our second goal shouldn’t stand and then proceeds to show several Palace attacks where their forwards run offside in the same way to say our high line is a problem, and our CB’s should be defending deeper.

4 Likes

What Jenas is good at, is listening to the football managers being interviewed after the games in question… (football people in other words), then repeats their thoughts and opinions parrot fashion from his pundits studio, putting them across with such sincerity, in the hope the viewers think they are his… to make himself sound knowledgeable…
Just hope he never gets to take over Gary Lineker’s job on MOTD… the guy is a PRATT

3 Likes

Jenus has got his feet well under the table at the BBC, he presents the One Show as well. He could be a candidate to take over from Lineker.

2 Likes

Should Alladross ever hope to come back as a cat… Well :0)

2 Likes

More utter rubbish from Jenas.

Of course when it was Warnock or Big Sam it was cheeky.

2 Likes

Brian Kerr in the studio for Virgin Media football last night (UCL Inter Milan vs our boys), he was bloody awful.

Other work[edit]

Kerr currently works as a studio analyst and co-commentator for RTÉ Sport. On 21 August 2016, while commenting on the Burnley vs Liverpool match, he stated the following: “I must say about Klavan, they surprised me when they signed him. He plays for Estonia, he has about 120 caps. He played against the Faroes when I was in the Faroes and I remember studying him before the match and thinking he was a bit of a weak link. I never thought he was a fella who would be playing for Liverpool in the Premier League. Maybe my judgement wasn’t very good but we got three goals against him with the Faroes.” This was confirmed to be untrue by the Estonian FA who replied to Kerr’s allegations stating many inaccuracies as Klavan was not involved in the suggested game.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like