Most disliked pundit

And like carragher he put a few into his own net.

There canā€™t be a footballer alive that gets as much nonsense spouted about them as Trent does. A foolproof way to identify a shit pundit is ask them their opinion on Trent.

Heā€™s an unbelievable player. Look at his performance in the FA cup final (look at Jamesā€™ whilst youā€™re at it) and then argue he isnā€™t good defensively.

James is a good player with great attacking play but he canā€™t pass the ball like Trent does, and no it isnā€™t ā€˜closeā€™. Trent is leagues ahead of everyone in his position.

10 Likes

There are Liverpool supporters who question his effort or defensive ability.
They are wrong. He is the best in his position in the world.

7 Likes

Or if Salah dives.

4 Likes

I remember the period referred to when he came back into the team.

The defence was less than solid due to the fact the Goalkeeper would jump over the ball.

1 Like

Ian Wright:

ā€œIā€™d rather watch Liverpool than Man City. Not to be disrespectful to City but it can be quite boring. Iā€™d rather Arsenal played like Liverpool too, itā€™s a different vibe inside.ā€ What a brilliant pundit.
ā€œJurgen Kloppā€™s era is one of the greatest weā€™ve ever seen. Yes Pepā€™s is one of the greatest in the Premier League, but with Liverpool in Europe as well, Kloppā€™s era is rubber stamped in history.ā€

2 Likes

13:30

Lawroā€™s prediction

Man City v Aston Villa (16:00 BST)

[image]

BBC SportCopyright: BBC Sport

Lawroā€™s prediction: 3-0

Weā€™ve seen in the past few weeks how good Manchester City and Liverpool are when they go behind in games, not just when they are bossing them and in front.

City have lost once in the Premier League since the end of October - thatā€™s how good they are. Itā€™s a similar story with Liverpool too, and both teams are simply miles ahead of everyone else.

So, if there is any sort of setback for City or indeed Liverpool during Sundayā€™s games - letā€™s say one of them is a goal down at half-time - you know they are both capable of recovering from it and finding a response.

I donā€™t see even that scenario happening though. We know how good this City team is, and I fully expect them to clinch the title without another wobble like the one we saw at West Ham.

F*ck Off Lawroā€¦

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the Grauniadā€™s view on the best pundits:

Thoughts?

Personally, Iā€™d have Keane and Souness as the two serious analysts, with Crouchie in the more light-hearted role and Ally McCoist as the best co-commentator.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t Lucy Ward the one who actually praised how our backline works when the usual wankspittle would trod out the usual garbage.

Wasnā€™t aware tactics Tim was on Soccer Saturday :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So Murphy and Lawro did the best

2 Likes

Im sure Iā€™ve mentioned that I absolutely hate Hamann as a pundit.

I heard that Hamann was blaming Liverpool fans on Saturday for the problems at the ground. Donā€™t know if anyone on the board can confirm that, but if it is true, then I imagine the club will be wanting to distance itself from him if it hasnā€™t already.

since weā€™re discussing commentary, Iā€™ve cancelled my DAZN subscription as theyā€™ve lost the EPL coverage to Fubo.TV I believe. Iā€™m going to miss the Jim Beglin & Peter Drury combo, easily the best.

2 Likes

Steve Nicol on UCL final:

ā€œThe front three that weā€™re always talking about how good they are, well when it mattered most they didnā€™t produce."

ā€¦oh dear Stevieā€¦

How inadequate must he feel when he compares his own performance as a right back for LFC when comparing it against a younger, fitter and more agile model we have in TAA at the momentā€¦ The bitterness he continually spouts, to me, smacks of one permanent miserable bastard when he is off camera alsoā€¦

I doubt its a sense of inadequacy, he was a fantastic full back and CB for us. I would say he was the best full back we had before our current duo that I remember seeing regularly. I donā€™t remember his predecessors enough to compare them.

3 Likes

He was a very good full-back in his eraā€¦ but something is bothering the guy. Unless of course he has always been a miserable ba*tard that constantly seems to resent the progress LFC have made under Jurgen. The forwards the other night didnā€™t deliver, thatā€™s obvious, but given the events at the beginning of the match and the dampened mood of the fansā€¦ playing against a well drilled defence, IMHO, the forwards running on fumes remember, gave it their best

I donā€™t take notice of what Steve Nicol says.

As much as he was a fantastic player for us, even back in his playing days, the players never thought he was too bright if you go by comments made in autobiographies and post career interviews.

I mean it takes something special to get on a set of scales holding 2 shopping bags and think youā€™ve gained weight

2 Likes