Most disliked pundit

those two were good back in the day … about 14 years ago or more? everything on that fkin station is now done for ‘pure outrage’ and ‘click bait’ type things.

The bbc is the same with savage and sutton. they make horrendous fuckwittery claims to get people to phone in. fuck off. The people they get to phone in on these stations make us all look like complete dicks

1 Like

I have to say when Klopp came in and we were doing good but not winning stuff I could listen to the likes of Shearer, Savage, Mills and Jenas.

But yeah, definitely feels different since we won the CL and the PL.

1 Like

Not a fan of Jenas. Shearer is okay - I enjoy him richards and lineker on the MOTD top 10 podcasts.

Jenas was an overrated footballer and even more so as a pundit.

4 Likes

We have a winner👍

5 Likes

I usually avoid Talksport completely, they’re just too frequent compared with the quality of their content. Often too random guests discussing too random topics.

Simon Jordan does raise some good points here and there, but he’s often too wild and radical for me. With him, I feel like it’s always “headline” sentences, so that they keep wanting him on the show. No matter what the topic is, sports, politics, bloody animal wildlife and what have you.

But sometimes have a listen during the off season like now.

Reminds me every time how much I dislike that Jason Cundy guy, can’t stand him. Luckily he doesn’t appear everywhere.

1 Like

I dont recall the details, but I remember a period where he was getting attention for his criticisms of Klopp. Was it that he was one of those suggesting he was doing no better a job than Rodgers did? Because of that I find it interesting he’s more recently developed a far more pro-liverpool/Klopp way, often against the prevailing narrative. It comes across that he’s a bit a contrarian, either genuinely or playing one of the media attention, and so will sometimes just land on the right take by accident.

1 Like

That rings a bell but I can’t quite remember it. I do recall he criticised Klopp over his presence on the pitchside spaces, likening it to bullying or deliberate intimidation. He also was critical of Klopp (and Pep?) coming out vocally on the winter fixture congestion.

Listened to the latest The Guardian’s Football Weekly podcast. They had this segment called “Outrageous Predictions.” Two of the pundits said that because Mane left, they wouldn’t be surprised if we finished outside of the top 4.

lol

This is the same podcast where all the pundits predicted we’d finish fourth last season behind ManU.

2 Likes

Well, it’s true to the segment, I’ll give them that :smile:

Not sure which football universe that Don Hutchison (plus the other guy on ESPN at the end of the match…Oh, found out his name is Nedium Onuoha), Stewart Robson and Martin I am yawning and wake me up when it is over Tyler. I guess that they do not know the handball rules in the recent years? They kept on moaning that the handball should not be given against Rúben Dias during and after the match. Eff off, muppets!

3 Likes

I’ve not seen a more obvious one in some years.

3 Likes

Also going on about Nunez, “it was not even on target, he was clearly missing the target anyway” (for the penalty, as if that matters). The other header and face thumping that he gave Ederson were deemed to be too easy opportunities to miss.

And then when Haaland scores a tap in from offside position, “Thats what he’s all about!” "So sharp! " “Thats his game isn’t it?”, what being offside is? Utter morons. :man_facepalming:

I’m glad Nunez scored at the end and Haaland had that glaring miss. At least it’ll nip most of the witch hunt on Nunez at the bud.

4 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/8n6NzPr783yNjNmY8

This one was quite obvious, but somehow missed by the officials. The PGMOL actually apologised to the Ev for this one not being given. As for yesterday’s? Yes it was blatant and lucky for Dias that it was not on target. Otherwise Citeh could have been down to 10 men. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Just a quick one on the pundits yesterday. I watched on ITV and thought it was one of the better punditry performances from all involved. Roy Keane, Karen Carney and Ian Wright all chipping in and some intelligent insight. Then Karen spoiled it. Talking over a replay of the Haaland chance at the end she said “he does everything right”. Did he though Karen? If he’d done “everything right” the ball would be in the net. I’m not having a go at her in particular this is a gripe against all the past pundits who’ve used the phrase. :rage::nerd_face:

4 Likes

Don’t forget, Don Hutchison also played for Everton, so he has been infected with a certain amount of ‘bitterness’.

3 Likes

And was a squad player for us during the spice boys era.

1 Like

Well that’s not the most obvious to be fair, it is hand ball but it’s not the most obvious a hand ball, this one had his arm out stretched and it hit his hand.

As I said the most obvious

1 Like

Don so enthusiastically thought he had a gotcha moment on Nicol by making him admit he agreed Diaz didnt purposefully mean to handle it. The smug look on his face when he said it followed by the disdain in the US studio of everyone explaining to him it is irrelevant sums up how useless these guys are. He could only respond with the textbook “well, no one knows what handball is anymore then” which is short hand for the interpretation has changed since I played I refuse to acknowledge it despite the rest of the world understanding it pretty well.

He was also kicked out of Liverpool for being a unprofessional oik

4 Likes

Wasn’t there an incident in a night club?

1 Like

Sticking his dick in people’s pint glasses is the one I remember. It seems likely there was more.

2 Likes