Most disliked pundit

Damn. Arlo White, who was the number one play-by-play commenter for PL matches on the US’s NBC network, left for LIV Golf. Excellent broadcaster IMO, but damn… Have to sentence him to this thread.

1 Like

I saw that, rather disappointed me

1 Like

Ah that makes sense. I did see Drury in a couple of the games last week and didnt really connect that Arlo wasnt there.

1 Like

Fuck! He was the best around, IMO. This has properly annoyed me, this.

That is surely one image that could win ‘Smug Face of the Year’ award…
The Cnut

Also posted this in the match thread

3 Likes

He might not survive this if it escalates

1 Like

I laughed to be honest I felt it sounded cheesy and a bit homoerotic :rofl:

1 Like

Hé should stick to his opinion because he is right.

Really?

Definitely a bad move unchaining women from the kitchen sink then,I guess.

I think Souness was referring more to the old generic saying that goes…
“Its a mans game” its a saying that is as old as the hills… but given his wide audience, he gets paid an awful lot of money for him not to tidy up his presentation so they do not offend quite so easily
Not sure how SKY can sanction him on it though when they display Man City or Man Utd on the screens of the commentary games instead of Manchester City or Manchester Utd…!
It is really becoming a lexicon minefield out there

1 Like

Anyone offended by what he said, wants to be offended. It was pretty obvious from context what he meant.

6 Likes

The metaphorical vs the literal. A lot of people have difficulty distinguishing the two when they want to feel offended. I haven’t heard what he said so I’m just speculating from the headline.

Your words, not mine

Try and develop a sense of humour it may stop your angry posts.

1 Like

Noting angry about anything my response just stating the obvious

No way would this guy get away singing this in todays world… and rightly so
Yet back then no one seemed to get upset by it…
It is the way it was then and we are still in the transition stage so there are bound to be mistakes made along the way

comedy central branding GIF

1 Like

Just going clarify my comment I find tough men in any context slightly cheesy and odd. The old joke about any Boxing face up could also be a gay wedding isn’t totally off the mark.

2 Likes

Too bad the feed I have been watching has Martin Tyler on commentary. He had to bring up Brian fucking Clough today, after the insensitive comment on Hillsborough last week.

1 Like

The Souness thing is nonsense, but then people get offended by everything these days. I don’t think he needs to apologise to anyone.

4 Likes