Most disliked pundit

Talkshite by Shite… Who the F*** are these no-marks
Verbal Diarrhea at its absolute finest

1 Like

He’s slagged off Liverpool his entire time on there and what have we achieved in the last 7 years?

Another dip mainly due to injuries to be fair but other factors and what happened when we last had a dip we had an unbelievable run and then followed it up with almost a quadruple season.

I wouldn’t even bother posting it, I’m not listening as it’s click bait garbage.

It sort of reminds me of the stuff Wenger used to get there is a soft layer of xenophobia in this country which they cover as “banter”.

10 Likes

Why do we even bother with Agbonlahor??? He never even played in the Europa League (or its equivalent) and here he is criticising a Champions League winning manager.

He never even played under a manager comparable with Klopp.

8 Likes

What an amazing human being Steve Crossman is. Such a prime example of BBC recruitment. No, no, not for him the lowest common denominator gag and hackneyed tactical take on the Reds.
That Guillaume Balague was just so unfair 10 minutes ago for calling him out on MNC. How could such a paragon of virtue be exposed to such undeserved opprobrium by a foreigner?

Haven’t a clue who he is but if Balague out thinks him he has a bright future in football punditry where only the hard of thinking need apply.

1 Like

The worst thing is that utter fuckwits like Tactics Tim actually get paid for their worthless opinions.

7 Likes

I expect much of the narrative by these losers to continue this season. Klopp will then prove them wrong, as he always does.

2 Likes

BREAKING: Liz Truss in career pivot, becomes football pundit.

1 Like

History says that?

What history is this Tim? History that he turned around an injury ravaged team to get top 4 in his 5th season or the History at Dortmund which in his 7th season everyone forgets he turned around an injury ravaged club after a winter break to storm from relegation up to about 6th (not far off fourth) until the steam ran out and almost won the domestic cup.

People forget how dominate that Dortmund side became in that second half of the season.

Dortmund fell off after he left, I have no doubt if Klopp had an 8th season they would have been back up there again.

FSG will have to play their part but I don’t see this club being far off if we can get a few more breaks with injuries and bring in players who play the majority of a season.

4 Likes
6 Likes

God that is a good piece. It’s one of the Americanisms that has slipped into our culture that I hate. Thankfully most of our coverage here uses the english teams, but the small number of Americans seem to be selected for how their bosses think they sound behind the mic rather than because of their ability to describe the game. So much of it seems contrived and pre-scripted, with them then just waiting for the opportunity to drop in the already written nugget of information that has nothing to do with the game. One of the reasons I was glad Fox lost a lot of their contracts was because they pulled over an NFL commentator called Gus Johnson for exactly this reasons, he knew nothing about the game but his bosses liked his manner. The result was games that felt like a story was read to you about who the players were with the occasional Mexican inspired raising of his their voice to yell about something (often of incidents that were not even particularly important).

One of the more high visibility Americans is a guy called Phil Shane who is so bad at it you could legit see a goal scored while he’s still blathering on about some kid’s 8th grade exam results.

You even see it on the review shows. After round of CL games we have an hour long post-game show that shows maybe about 5 mins of total footage. Some games they just leave out completely and in others if there were lots of goals they might show only 2 or 3 of them, and then talk about the rest. It’s absurd.

4 Likes

Here’s Lautaro Martínez, who has never scored a volley in October. Lays it off to Francesco Caputo, who owns four hats. That’s Jackson Borck on the Sampdoria bench, who joined in the summer from Fighting Spiders in the Maltese Premier Division, whose next game you can catch on BT Sport 8 on Thursday at 11am. Now here’s Denzel Dumfries, who has never tasted jam.

:rofl:

I swear to god man, I once missed a goal because Phil Shane was talking about one of the players’ childhood dog. These people are a fucking menace.

1 Like

I missed the Drury/Beglin duo, they were my favorite.

1 Like

Ironically Amazon offer this on their games.

I ironically enjoy those French or occasional Italian games on BT which just have one bloke. They had one for a 2am World Cup game in 2014 from Brazil and they only had one bloke on that and it was like a private conversation between you and him.

1 Like

I love the Amazon coverage for this reason. They get to save costs on paying useless twats to ramble on and on too. Except they don’t, because they still have an alternate audio with the commentary on.

1 Like

I’m talking Adam Summerton, Daniel Mann, Mark Scott, Joe Speight. I’m talking Dan Parsons, Gary Taphouse, Tom Barraclough, Steve Bower. You wouldn’t recognise them in the street. You probably didn’t even notice I made two of them up. But they’ve spent longer talking to you than many of your close family.

Too fucking right. I only remember a few because they’re as irritating as fuck. Drury is alright but he didn’t half overegg the custard, as mentioned in the article as well. Most games I’m invariably moaning at the screen, 'but just look at the guys knee, or the fact that the fingertip barely caught the chest despite the player going down like he was shot. All in vain because they’re too fond of the sound of their own voice and so full of their opinion to actually commentate on the game. Kane is clever to Mo goes down too easily. Anfield is nervy to Emptihad is really up for it today. Klopp needs to reign it in to I love how passionate Guardiola is.

An option to simply watch the game and listen to the atmosphere without some arse dribbling on would be my pick any time.

5 Likes

They usually have McCoist and he is generally very good and they pair him with Jon Champion, Peter Drury or Clive T who are all ones I can put up with.

2 Likes
4 Likes