Most disliked pundit

from Richard Keys.

Thanks, but I think I’ll keep those remaining braincells rather than read any of his shite

2 Likes

He was sacked…in May…for comments made in August.

His contract was up and the decided not to renew it. This comment could have played into it, but even if so that wouldn’t mean he was sacked. It would just be another factor in how they deal with someone who is now frankly an old man and who most watchers don’t remember as a footballer. Fuck, most will likely not even remember him as a manager.

This is just a silly manipulation of words.

2 Likes

I remember him as a footballer and I’m sure there are plenty more also. We’re not all dead yet.

3 Likes

Yes, as do I. The world does not revolve around us though and it doesnt negate my point

3 Likes

It really doesn’t matter if we remember him playing, and he was one of the best…what matters as a pundit is, “is he any good”.
The answer is yes. He was the best SKY had for years.
Better than the comedy duos of Carra/Neville or Keane/Richards.
Better than anyone they try to replace him with.
Their loss

4 Likes

Thing is he played with Hansen and he went years ago.

The problem is the pundits they want need to say stupid stuff you see the giggling wankers in Neville and Keane when Souness said Liverpool would beat Man Utd.

To be fair Sky would do well clearing out a few of them, the best ones are always the non regular ones.

But then Rafa isn’t asked on say to make silly comments he is asked on to actually analyse a game.

Nor does it around young people who think that English football started in 1992.

With Souness on our midfield we had at least two league titles more

2 Likes

TV execs tend to think otherwise.

The game of football, and society in general is fucked.
There’s just a little part of me that’s kinda glad I’m 2/3 of the way through my time on this planet.

I absolutely shudder to imagine what it will be like living in this world in 50 years

1 Like

looking at how fucked humans are and have no regard for the planet or other species, I would imagine it will look something like

Wandering Hip Hop GIF by Green Valley

1 Like

Souey is a wonderful pundit. Very articulate and is well capable of explaining what he means. Compare him to the man child Richards and you should appreciate what Souey brings.

And for a man of his age, he looks and dresses immaculately.

6 Likes

It cold be a reflection of my age, but he is more handsome now than he was 20 years ago.

I’ve no issues with Souness in general. In fact, with time, I’ve felt sorry for him for the stuff that has been thrown to him. It’s like a portion of people think he enjoyed being manager of Liverpool when things turned very badly. But what did the club do? Also after him? It proved that he wasn’t the only problem. I felt his emotion when he was at MNF and spoke about that period.

The pundit, I think he’s a bit past it now and the whole mixture isn’t great. Take out a clown like Richards (even if he can say some okay things) for a moment or a weaker character like Redknapp. To have Carra, Neville, Souness and Keane is a bit… too similar really. Souey often starts sentences with “in my time”. Yeah, some things never change, but man that was a long time ago.

Also, I love this pic.

:joy:

1 Like

Very much so. The grey suits him. Very distinguished.

Posted in the Arsenal thread also…

https://twitter.com/i/status/1658044801152090114

1 Like

Strange how all fans think Martin Tyler hates their club :thinking:

Except the Red Scum at Old Toilet :0)

1 Like

I think this comment on Twitter sums it up…

Has anyone talking about how much Martin Tyler hates their team considered that he’s a 77 year-old man who just doesn’t have the energy for this anymore.

A city fan said that when they score, MT reacts as if someone close to him has just died. :rofl:

2 Likes

The response to that is he has passed retirement age and I’m sure the teams would give him freebies if he wanted.

Hell he is their main commentator