Most disliked pundit

Yup, I think the only games I haven’t muted were the ones on Amazon Prime which in least McCoist doesn’t give snide remarks every 5 seconds.

He watches the game and gives his opinion, have to say him and Clive T on that were quite refreshing and I’ve never been a massive fan of either until I heard them do the Derby the season before.

Sky’s reserve ones aren’t too bad, Alan Smith is dull but he isn’t snide like so many of them.

10 Likes

I’ve heard McCoist a few times now and he comes across as knowledgeable but not preachy as some pundits sometimes tend to be. Tyldesley is probably one of the best out there. I can’t stand Berlin. I find him quite anti Liverpool in his punditry. Gary Gillespie on LFCTV is good too. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

McCoist is great. @mattyhurst is right, he sounds like he’s actually excited to watch football rather than waiting for an opportunity to create a narrative or slag someone off.

I watched a bit of Leverkusen vs Dortmund earlier and Jonathan Pearce was commentating on his own. Absolutely hilarious stuff, I couldn’t believe how bad he was. He sounded like he was 5 pints in and had a bet on Dortmund at the start of the season to win the league. Every misplaced pass was greeted with a sigh and an incredulous “Do they not know what is at stake?”. Leverkusen scored in the 80th minute to go 2-1 up and he gave it “that’s it, that’s surely game over now” with just the 13 minutes left to play.

BT might as well go the whole hog and have Craig Charles co-commentate with him, they can have their homemade robots fight each other in the empty stands when there’s a lull in the action.

5 Likes

I dislike all the pundits/commentators we get here.

1 Like

Exactly, though I see your Footloose and raise you any Wet Wet fucking Wet song for that level of mundane for the senses.

5 Likes

Danny Murphy tonight during the Cheltenham/City game with City 1-0 down. He asked why they were bringing Cancelo on as he doesn’t have a very good goal scoring record. Cue Cancelo assisting Forden for the equaliser. Then near the end of the game when City were 3-1 up he said that when City equalised there was only going to be one winner. Because everyone knows that any team that equalises always wins the game? :nerd_face:

4 Likes

He permanently sounds like someone who has had his chips stolen by a Seagull, then the said seagull has crapped on him.

1 Like

Aaron Connolly, I reckon.

He looks like he enjoys stealing other people’s chips.

1 Like

Clinton Morrison has really grown on me but i’m not sure why,maybe it’s because he isn’t going out of his way to sound like a typical smarmy cunt.

3 Likes

Agree. He sounds a total div but he’s genuine- sounds like the sort of bloke you could go for a pint with.

He should run for Prime Minister.

2 Likes

Haven’t a clue what Jenas was saying last night as I had it on mute but Jenas looked like he was chewing wasps.

Tyler and Neville were painful yesterday, both trying to get the narrative going that Thiago is the reason Liverpool have slowed down. Not the 7 or 8 injuries we have at any one point, it’s all down to Thiago, even in the games he hasn’t played in.

Tyler then made the point about Wolves having suffered because Nuno is tinkering with the formation. It’s absolutely nothing to do with losing Jota to us and Jiminez to a broken head, nor the fact their two wing backs from last year (Doherty and Johnny) aren’t in the side this year due to sale & injury. It’s all because the manager changed system, and if he just reverted back then presumably they would be back to their best. Sounds easy this management lark, maybe Gary should give it a go?

The shite they come out with is unbelievable.

9 Likes

Think it should be made obligatory that all commentators and pundits on the TV, radio and back at the studio, should have to take an IQ test before they get appointed to the role.
Maybe set the pass mark at about 25…!
That would get rid of at least three quarters of them already working to start with.! :0)

2 Likes

Got to agree with you on this.
Maybe Nuno has tinkered with Wolves’ formation because of the injuries and players he’s lost. Just a thought eh? Couple of plonkers.
Tyler said that a ‘proper’ striker (ie Mo) would rather score and lose than not score and win. Mind boggling.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, forgot about that gem. And if Salah says otherwise he’s a liar.

1 Like

Tyler said that a ‘proper’ striker (ie Mo) would rather score and lose than not score and win. Mind boggling.

There has been a thread created for the likes of what comes out of the mouths of these ‘numptys’
Pundits + ‘Gobshite Sayings’ of the Season Award
You should think about putting this gem in there…

Put them on for 5 minutes and then turned them off, shame there isn’t an option for no commentary.

The guy with Smith during the Brighton game was good as is Smith generally.

We seem to get Tyler and Neville for some reason? Though Man Utd being shit the night before was amusing to listen to them rambling on and then it gets back to Keane and Redknapp who effectively call it out for being shit.

1 Like

To be fair Ian Wright did once say something very similar.

1 Like

I forgot to mention it on Saturday but in between the inane stats on Saturday Neville and Tyler openly suggested that the reason the window was quiet was because most teams were happy with what they had.

Yeah not the global pandemic that’s left more than half of the clubs concerned with continuing?

Probably wouldn’t like to mention that mind, considering Sky were obsessed with that rebate being paid.

3 Likes

That Thiago slowing the game down argument is hilarious. Really disappointed to hear it from the likes of Barnes and Hamann, two people who I thought understand the game better than that.

Coming from probably the same people who spent Scholes’ final part of his playing career wanking over his ability to “control the tempo” (which means either slowing the game down or accelerating it).

What should we have, 11 players who just run like headless chickens? We wouldn’t get far with that. The ball is always quicker than the player.