Motorsports - F1, Superbikes etc

Vettel is like Jenson or Rosberg except that he’s got a better car longer than those guys have them

Except that I don’t think Vettel is as good as either of them.

2 Likes

Suzuka 2005 was it , Kimi started at 15th or 16th and fernando started one position behind him.

Both of them finished in the top 3 , Kimi winning the race…

Not a diss on Hamilton , but I haven’t seen him pull off something like that. I still rate him high in terms of racecraft and overtaking etc , maybe even higher than FA…but that’s something that i never seen Hamilton do…

Everyone with the same car, no team orders…straight shoot out… Who’d get the fastest lap ? and who’d win the race ?

He’s won from 14th on the grid at the 2018 German grand prix. Only 7 drivers in history have won from further back (Kimi from 17th at Suzuka 2005 and Alonso from 15th at Singapore 2008 are two of them).

Hamilton rarely starts low enough to improve on such records though.

2 Likes

Bottas has beaten Russell to pole by less than 3 hundredths. That’s frankly embarrassing.

Wasnt the Alonso victory in singapore largely due to the piquet crash ?

Yes, so probably shouldn’t count.

Very interesting to follow Russell this weekend, especially when you hear all the details of having to adapt.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t realise Hamilton was only 5’8". Russell’s 6’1" apparently.

Shocking mix up in the stacked stops from Mercedes. If Lewis was driving he would be going mental.

They went from 1st and 2nd to 4th and 5th, with race leader Russell being fucked over having to stop twice and ending up fifth after strolling to his first GP win.

1 Like

Question is would they have made the same mistake with Hamilton.

They might just have , Shit does happen.

1 Like

Was so gutted for Russell - he looked good for a podium then picked up a puncture - rotten luck.

2 Likes

Sergio Perez has signed for Red Bull. I’m glad this has happened. Perez is too good a driver to be out, working that Racing Point to the limit, and then being bombed out so the billionaire owner can keep his son a drive even though he’s average. Feel sorry for Albon, who’s dropped to test driver for Red Bull.

Will be good to see Max have someone that can genuinely challenge him, and we will see what he’s made of. He comes across as a bit petulant at times, although all the drivers are. Might see him knocked down a notch or two or it could go the other way and he gets better.

Either way, even though I am a Lewis fan, I’m hoping for a more challenging season for him next. He walks all over Bottas year in year out, so the challenge needs to now come from Red Bull (and anyone else that can bridge the gap).

3 Likes

Good old Boris.

If you disagree you must be a right wing racist :innocent:

Gotta say, I’m amazed at the comments below the article. Lots of hate directed towards Hamilton, there wasn’t one favourable comment in the first ten or so that I read. Jealousy or something else?

Bizarre.

And yet he won the public vote for SPOTY.

I read the comments after I posted the link :scream:
The mirror comments is always a place for well balanced comments,crazies to the left crazies to the right.

I know more people that dislike Lewis than like him, and for varying reasons.

He’s a bit of a complex person. Very driven and dedicated to being the best he can which can wind some parts of the general public up. His questionable tax status I can understand people asking if he should get a knighthood, but at the same time I can understand where he’s coming from - if I was earning that sort of money I’d want to limit the amount of tax I pay as well.

I think I stand on the same position as with Andy Murray - he does deserve the recognition, but maybe it should be awarded after he retires rather than during his career

1 Like

Who cares about a title delivered by a rancid royal to make herself look wonderful, disingenuous load of shite,i dislike Hamilton because i like Ferrari and Alonso and i think sometimes it’s a sports rivalry thing kinda like being a fan of Senna so hating Prost.

2 Likes
2 Likes