Motorsports - F1, Superbikes etc

Lewis Hamilton wins the opening race. Not bad for someone who can only win in the fastest car. Let the social media whinging commence!

3 Likes

Lewis showed his experience in the last few laps, eeking everything out of that car. Max had Lewis, and maybe if he kept his nerve would have got that clean overtake bypassing the late lunge he took.

Looks to be an interesting season ahead. Both Norris and Perez impressed, whilst rookie Tsuonda picked up some debut points.

I’ve supported Hamilton since his F2 racing days and Will continue to do so till her retires. Want to see him move clear of Schumacher.

3 Likes

I was reading more about what they have done in the regulations and it has affected Mercedes and taken their car backwards, so that downforce in the corners is less, so speed there is less. Car is jittery, but I expect them to improve as the season progresses.

Red Bull were there or thereabouts, and Honda have pulled out all the stops with the engine as they want to go out with a bang this season.

Hamilton is excellent. Such a good racer, such a good F1 driver, so experienced, rarely makes a mistake. Verstappen is all that, minus the experience and a mistake or two… but he continues to grow and will be the best, along with LeClerc, soon enough.

I expect Hamilton to win the title as Mercedes improve, but it will be close, and we will get a proper battle between teams.

Game on!

2 Likes

The regulation changes definitely bring the field closer. As much as I love seeing Lewis win regularly, when the more interesting part of the seasons has become who finishes third, clearly the sport needs shaking up. All for it being much tighter up top as well.

If anyone hasn’t seen the Netflix series on F1 (season 3 just came out last week), its worth it. Lots of interesting insight.

At the start of 2020 my wife said she wanted to take up watching a sport, I pushed for footy but that was a fail, she went for F1 much to my surprise. Her interest in F1 really grew watching the Netflix series. We ended up watching Qualiy and the race live last weekend, and she now tends to know more about what’s going on than me :rofl:

2 Likes

Def see some longtime fans of the F1 coming back due to the TV Series… Me included.

Good to see Mclaren upto some sort of pace and hoping Ricciardo picks up his one lap pace quickly as well. Not too many weak drivers on the grid (with the exception of Mazepin)

Hope there are some tracks where the mercedes engine helps Mclaren get to the top step this season as well.

The likes of Checo and Ricciardo will take a couple of races more i guess to get used to the car , Especially with the pre-practice sessions being limited.

Lewis has the experience and should be confident enough at this point to eke out wins. His drive (with mistakes albiet) in the Imola GP was a sterling example of both his strengths as a driver and how far ahead of the rest the Mercedes still is.

2 Likes
1 Like

Brilliant era for F1, Senna v Prost was bare knuckle and makes todays F1 look way too friendly.

1 Like

Mansell, Senna and was it Prost when they were all side by side?

1 Like

Don’t care about F1 or any other Motorsport whatsoever but for some strange reason the interest in it over here in the Nederland has picked up immensely over the last 4 years … :innocent:

1 Like
1 Like

We’re potentially in for an epic Monaco Grand Prix as build up to our game later. Grand Prix gets underway at 2pm and this is the starting grid.

Hamilton starting 7th could see some fireworks, even at a track as notoriously difficult to pass as Monaco.

You’d have to think that if there’s a safety car lap one he has to stay out but if there isn’t he’s got to pit to be able to run in fresh air with the likelihood that a safety car would follow within ten laps.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him finish on the podium, at least. Could be a great race.

I’m going to go 1. Verstappen 2. Leclerc 3. Hamilton.

Very interesting career move here, has anyone else done similar

1 Like

ADAC TOTAL 24h-Race 2021 Nurburgring is on right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXlRJ0-ETyI

Wtf is the Styrian Grand Prix?

1 Like

If I head the commentator correctly, it’s the first time since 2016 that Mercedes failed to win a race for 4 successive races.

1 Like

Yup, their domination coming to an end. Hoping Mercedes find some pace as want Lewis to get that No.8.

1 Like

the Austrian Grand Prix with a changed name.

It’s a different GP being raced in the same track due to the Covid19 impact.

The Austrian GP is a week from now. I don’t know if the track config is the same.

Yeh it’s the same, only tyres will change.