Napoli vs. Liverpool | CL Match Day 1 | Sep 7, 20:00 | Stadio Diego Armando Maradona

Yep Italiano calcio never easy

2 Likes

I’d select the following…

Alisson
TAA
Gomez
VVD
Tsimkas
Fabinho
Elliott
Firmino
Diaz
Salah
Nunez

1 Like

If any centre back needs a sit on bench on form its Virgil at the minute.

6 Likes

Smash them, they’re shit. Jota back for this, a start for Arthur to shore up the middle, maybe Trent will be arsed about the match for the first time this season? I dunno. I know they’ll get it sorted eventually, but it’s been painful watching us for the most part this season.

Just get a result here please, reds.

6 Likes

Watching them now at Lazio, they look awful.

5 Likes

Hey!!!

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

6 Likes

———————Ali——————-
-TAA—Gomez—–Virg—-Kostas-
—Harvey——Fab—-Fabio/Melo-
————-Mo-Bobby—Diaz———

Brought Mo in closer to play. Jürgen your welcome. 1k a week is all I ask xx

2 Likes

Every win £1m into Jude kitty?

I said last time I wasn’t bothered if we sacked of the games if we qualified feel the same really mind you if injuries ease we should be able to rotate a fair bit.

But they won …

Becker

TAA - Matip - van Dijk - Robinson

Elliott - Fabinho - Melo

Salah - Núñez -Diaz

Why drop Gomez?

1 Like

His passing is horrible, Matip and Konaté are the better package.

1 Like

Bored to death of playing this lot.

1 Like

I don’t get it either. Gomez is our best defender this season by a mile. All other defenders should be dropped before him, including VVD.

4 Likes

VVD: seven games, 630 mins
Salah: seven games, 630 mins
Diaz: seven games, 618 mins
Trent: seven games, 557 mins
Fabinho: seven games, 540 mins
Robertson: seven games, 499 mins
Elliott: seven games, 440 mins
Firmino: six games, 404 mins
Gomez: five games, 387 mins
Milner: seven games, 254 mins
Nunez: four games, 207 mins
Matip: three games, 190 mins
Carvalho: seven games, 150 mins
Tsimikas: five games, 131 mins

I know we don’t have many options and this is a crucial game, but we should utilize the options we have before our squad situation deteriorates further. VVD (he played the most mins last season too) and Diaz should be dropped. Elliott has played two consecutive, grueling 90-mins games and shouldn’t be stretched further.

5 Likes

Gomez at RB, Matip and VVD with Robbo LB.
Fabinho, Arthur and Elliot.
Salah, Nunez and Diaz.

1 Like

Alisson
Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robbo
Fabinho Jones
Elliott
Salah Nunez Diaz

I think that’s what we’ll see. It here will be an understandable desire to see Jota, but realistically the lad hasn’t had a preseason and needs easing in.

5 Likes

Napoli top of Serie A table
:grimacing:

for the time being

most of us think that our biggest problem during the transfer window was not signing a midfielder. yes it is but i see the biggest problem is the signing of Nunez , Man city sign halland sells jesus and buys alvez clear statement Halland u r my number one Alvez is understudy and support move on , had he kept jesus there would be discontent from jesus and would not work , Alvez knows he is number 2 full stop. on the contrary we kept Firminio and now do we play firmino and have our 80 plus million investment on the bench ??? this would be mad for this money we could have bought firmino under study and huge part of Judes fee ! so we need new formation to integrate both or sell firmino in January or keep nunez as a sub

What’s this shit about settling for a draw even before the match has started???

We’ve been monsters in the CL for a good couple of years now. We need to go into this with positive attitude despite our PL form.

Injured players are close to recovery with some returning to training already. Keep those chins up. We’ll regain our form and confidence I’m sure of it.

9 Likes