Napoli vs. Liverpool | CL Match Day 1 | Sep 7, 20:00 | Stadio Diego Armando Maradona

Yeah it’s funny how football is sometimes, go from looking a league 2 side 1 half to looking like prime Brazil the 2nd

Because we have another game to prepare for in less than 3 days which he can come back in for?

His passing was excellent against Newcastle and definitely good enough against Everton?

6 Likes

I’m not sure what happened to Jones, wasn’t on the bench and I don’t think it was because of space as Bajetic was there.

Trent needs to wake the fuck up or get dropped, Mo is playing ok but very little goal threat. We got to start Melo beside Fabinho and no Milner, Gomez is in good form so keep him in, this might suit Nunez so start him. Must not lose.

I think Firmino deserves to get a go in Elliot’s spot personally. He done well in that area against Everton, a level above Elliot and Carvalho as he should be. Play him behind the front 3 that started yesterday.

9 Likes

The more interesting take is Keita hasn’t made the Champions league squad at all.

6 Likes

What about Henderson?

The injury is either more serious than was said or Klopp is done with him???

2 Likes

Six games, 389 mins

I’m going to go with more serious.

Consider that the registrations are, unless I’m much mistaken, for the group stages only. The last group stage matches take place on the 2nd of November, which means that if he picked up a rather serious injury, for which we expect him to be out for a significant amount of time, there’s absolutely no point registering him, if we need the space for someone else, which we do, since we have already registered the maximum 17 non-homegrown players.

Even if he was off on a free transfer next summer, there’s absolutely no reason to not use him when we can.

2 Likes

Yeah pretty much it’s a 2 month group stage even if Keita was ready to be back in a month it’s a bit pointless registering if you have issues and would have to leave those out who are fit now.

1 Like

Would love to know what he’s asking for in contract negotiations if things have indeed stalled as reported.

I know Klopp is loyal to players but even he must be getting frustrated at his lack of availability and the uncertainty around whether he’ll be here next season, if indeed he wants him to be.

If it’s clear a contract isn’t going to get signed then I can see Klopp preferring to use players that will be.

Interested to see what Klopp goes for with this one. I thought we looked more effective with Bobby on during the derby.

On paper this is our hardest group match so it’s worth getting it out of the way. Not losing would be a good result.

Anyone know who is showing this in Germany? Is it DAZN again? I may have to sell a kidney.

1 Like

I’d prioritise the Wolves game over this. We can recover if we lose this one but dropping more points in the PL in a game we should win would be a major problem.

I’d be playing Matip and Tsimikas in place of VVD and Robbo, a midfield 3 of Jones, Melo and Milner with (hopefully) Thiago and Elliott replacing 2 of them after an hour. Nunez, Bobby and Salah up top.

Finding it hard to be arsed after Paris. UEFA can fuck off.

3 Likes

Total Sportek

1 Like

I think both have to be priorities another poor performance will mean even more pressure in the Wolves game.

2 Likes

We need to find a way of playing a proper game of football, nevermind prioritising one game over another.

8 Likes

Yes that would be nice, a proper game of football and by that I mean not someone like Bournemouth but playing a good side in a meaningful match and win with proper football, that would be nice.

Double pivot with Fabinho and Melo, and Firmino with them in midfield.
Fabinho will benefit from Melo, they will control the midfield, the ball should be carried well to the attack, and fullbacks will be able to advance wide more freely, so Salah and Diaz can cut in more.

3 Likes