Neco Williams (RB) to Nottm Forest/Southampton

Not sure why we don’t already have a thread for this, but sounding likely Neco will be off soon…

3 Likes

Hopefully we get a decent fee, and he gets regular PL football, especially with the World Cup on the horizon.

Buy back clause?

1 Like

What about Fulham?

Dunno. What about them? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Think they just signed an RB, didn’t they?

Forest have signed a RB, Giulian Biancone

1 Like

Their starting RB from last season was Djed Spence and he’s off to Spurs.

They probably feel they need two options.

1 Like

Also to add, despite having two RBs, Saints likely in the mix as Livramento did his ACL. Due back at the end of the year, but who knows when he’ll be ready to play again.

1 Like

It’s startling that what was not too long ago the price of a striker on the verge of being world-class is now the price of a right-back who has had barely any first-team experience, in the grand scheme of things.

I’m hoping the club can extract every last penny here, and that Williams goes on to have a successful career, but this is just staggering.

2 Likes

15m and he’s yours.

Or 2m loan fee and if Forest survive they have to buy him next summer for 100m.

Either seems reasonable to me.

2 Likes

We’ve got Ramsay so it’s only a matter of time for Neco now and whether it’s a loan deal or a permanent one. Think the latter is better for all involved if someone pays up to what he’s worth. £12m-£15m in guaranteed money and some performance bonuses on top.

2 Likes

Don’t think £15m for Neco is unreasonable.

1 Like

We got 20m for a striker who bagged 1 goal all season, of course it’s not unreasonable.

2 Likes

15 million pounds at least because I’m bloody jealous of the sums Man City get for their unwanted players.

1 Like

Good deal for both that! Good luck to Neco.

9 Likes

Oh man, have you got Julie on speed-dial or something :laughing:

Literally nothing about that club to get jealous over.

1 Like

Another one of those guys who was close, but not quite, to the required standard - but managed to make a critical contribution when called upon. I hope he has a brilliant career.

3 Likes

Underlines how far we have progressed and how brilliant our squad is. Would have been a starter ahead of the likes of Johnson and Clyne.

I think Nottingham will be a really exciting team to watch. Best of luck, Neco. YNWA.

2 Likes

I do hope we get a sell on clause there because there’s a proper player in there. I am not sure that he will be a RB much longer though…

2 Likes