Neco Williams (RB) to Nottm Forest/Southampton

@ivan please advise?

1 Like

Romano:

Southampton have now opened talks to sign Issa Kaboré on loan from Man City. He’s attracting lot of interest, Nottingham Forest had £17m bid turned down - Saints now leading the race. Talks ongoing - he’d follow Lavia and soon Joe Aribo at Southampton.

How does this relate to Neco?

Forest are interested in him.

Given that we’ve agreed the Neco fee with them and he’s due to complete his medical this weekend, I’m still not seeing the relevance I’m afraid.

It is relevant, but if you’re alergic to it, then delete it. Sorry.

Did Forest have their bid turned down before they went in for Neco?

Have no idea, I just thought that Forest’s activity for a right back before Neco is officially signed is relevant.

Southampton were interested in Neco too.

1 Like

It depends on whether their activity is current, doesn’t it? “Had” a bid turned down could be some time ago and maybe that’s why they turned to Neco?

1 Like

Yes, my question of the relevance was because it seemed the initial post was offering this information as a suggestion the Forest deal could potentially fall through - however it has been all agreed (as per the BBC) and the player is due for a medical this weekend. Hence, I found it a bit misleading.

Of course, who knows, not even Romano probably knows.

Didn’t think this bit of info would be an issue.

2 Likes

Kabore is one of the examples of why Man City seem to get such high fees for their players… Because they own dozens and dozens of players that you’ve never heard of and will never wear a Man City shirt.

Most of them are signed for 1m+, play several years out on loan at Man City’s various feeder clubs and leave on a free. Sometimes one of them turns to be good and they get a big fee for them.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Hes on a plane to Thailand…

Is that the B-side to “Road To Nowhere”?

1 Like

According to one outlet, the squad might be losing a Neco but gaining a Spanish U21 winger from Atletico Bilbao who goes by the name Nico Williams. I kid ye not.

Pronounced /Villiams/ presumably.

1 Like

Not the first time we’ve been linked to him I think? I remember seeing links to him last year and thinking that would be really confusing for some…

I assumed it was an elaborate troll of some kind. But if you say we’ve had a bite at him before, it’s possibly worth having half an eye on.
LFC women are interested in Allison Baker as well I heard