Neco Williams (RB) to Nottm Forest/Southampton

Very good move for him and he’ll be playing under a coach that knows him well.

For sure he’s got a fight on his hands trying to help keep Forest up.

Wish him the best.

Is Mabaya going on the pre-season with the team ?

Also we had Camacho who could not get through as well. Remains to be seen if Mabaya becomes more of a midfielder rather than a RB.

If he’d been a left back, a centre mid, or a wide forward I think he’d still be here and a prospect we’d all be very excited about. But clearly he knows the score and so do we. He’s not ousting Trent and Trent’s not going anywhere any time soon. He’s too good to just sit on the bench and I think it’s great he has aspirations that means he’s putting his career progression ahead of an easy back up role at a top club.

Never seemed to be fully appreciated by our fans, probably because he wasn’t on the same level as Trent.

1 Like

Neco is a class act with the potential to get better,much as I hate to see him go,this move is best for him,so best of luck to the lad.
He needs to play and was a bit unlucky to run into TAA,who is only a young bloke.

1 Like

Great move for Neco and I wish him all the very best.

It has dawned on me that we aren’t there yet, but not too far apart from what Barca were able to do during their best times of La Masia: bringing in a couple of bright young players into the first team at the start of every season. See how they swim. If they can do it at top level, integrate them and eventually make important players out of them (Trent fits that description perfectly). If their path is barren by better players, sell them to other clubs for decent fees when they are ready, and wish them a good career (that’s Neco).

I hope that the club can go further along that path. It will reduce our dependence on bringing in near-ready-made top players to the club.

That’s interesting. I’m aware of Ramsay and Bradley, but not of Mabaya. He’s good?

2 Likes