New European Super League

Over/under on how long before clubs start moving to more lucrative “markets”?

2 Likes

As much as I hate this idea, and I am deeply disappointed and ashamed that our club is going to be part of this, the truth is I will still be following LFC regardless of the competition we are playing in.

It seems very unlikely the ESL will begin next season, which begs the question, will this years top 4 be allowed to play in the Champions League next season (or at least 3 of the 4 if Leicester manage to stay in the top 4)?

It would strike me as very odd (and quite weak of UEFA) if they did, if the ESL was scheduled to start the following season.

2 Likes

These pro super league campaigners have already got their bot accounts in force. :roll_eyes:

All the fans need to get together and fight this, get our football guerilla warfare tactics in use. It worked against Hicks and Gillette, when we bombarded them with emails etc.

Get all the players to go on strike, if they can’t play for their respective national teams.

I feel like cancelling my LFC membership.

2 Likes

They’ve spelt Spurs wrong

2 Likes

Notable by their absense is Ajax, Porto and Celtic.

Clubs you would have thought would have jumped at the opportunity.

u have to be invited, its not a free for all… only cool kids allowed!! everton not even allowed on the playing field…

3 Likes

Probably was a little dark for first thing monday morning :rofl:

1 Like

Too provincial, I guess.

1 Like

Maybe the Old Firm can join the PL now…

2 Likes

if u paid £500k a week would u give a fuck?? jus askin

1 Like

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

1 Like

That is so wrong. You get your Champions league place on merit, not because your club has Champions league history of winning it.

It is a worthless superleague, without any big Germam or French clubs as well.

3 Likes

It’s no big change actually, people will get over it after a while because the PL games will be probably the same as usual. The only big change is that there will be no more Champions_Europa League and probably no domestic cup games anymore. That’s it. I don’t think the players will lose much sleep about that. They might even get a bigger pay check.

And let’s be honest for a moment, the new CL proposal isn’t something to get excited about.

6 Likes

I think that most of us have problems that the founding 15 do not need to fight for the spots of 20. That is so wrong on every level.

7 Likes

Yeah, plus I’m bored with European finals between English clubs anyhow.

2 Likes

Maybe the gang of 12 and UEFA may come to a compromise and make a deal and modify the changes.

2 Likes

This ESL foundation clubs of 15 is a different kind of doping TBH. Guarantee spots to play year in, year out.

I agree with you, what is the point of that.

1 Like

Whatever the CL/ESL looks like it will look like what’s being proposed in some format. Whether thats an additional second tier or a third or fourth group.

Looking at how the finances are based, I doubt the founders care if there are 40 teams in it, the founding members make far money just being their than anyone who qualifies for it actually winning it.

2 Likes

5 Likes