New European Super League

This still has a long way to go yet

UEFA are a fucking spineless toothless bunch of cunts aren’t they.

Even if only half a dozen clubs leave the CL… The competition would become a sham

Really disappointed to see that UEFA can’t take those three remaining clubs to task. This is once again proof that the problem isn’t so much UEFA, but the through and through corrupted instances above them (ie CAS), same as with the ruling letting Cheaty go ahead with their blatant cheating.

3 Likes

When it’s effectively being kept alive to keep them afloat fuck em

Replacing one lot of shits with another really isn’t exciting in the slightest.

1 Like

It annoys me that UEFA can own and administer a competition but have no ability to govern those clubs that take part

1 Like

UEFA probably realised that it will lose the lawsuit being a monopolising body.

Spurs + Super League… Yeah Right :joy:

1 Like

Revenue is projected to reach five billion euros (£4.26bn) per season across those three years - an increase of around 40%.

:exploding_head:

1 Like

homer simpson money GIF

Not again surely???

:rotating_light: The 10 clubs that will announce the return of the Super League today:

:es: Real Madrid
:es: Barcelona
:es: Atletico
:england: Manchester United
:england: Manchester City
:england: Chelsea
:england: Liverpool
:it: Inter
:it: AC Milan
:it: Juventus

(Source: @voz_populi )

Our crest is even included on the site…https://thesuperleague.com/
WTF???

I saw that the English clubs wouldn’t be part of it this time.

If they weren’t it makes sense considering what the two Milan clubs reported earlier.

1 Like

Hasn’t been updated from when it originally went up.

Why we always do this on the eve of a big game I hope if it is launched today that John W Henry has a PR ready to distance ourselves even if he is open to it in the future.

Though I’m with the players on this, they didn’t want it last time and the shit our managers and players had to go through really just fuck off. The only positive is we are at home.

Do it in the summer sometime if you really want to relaunch it I couldn’t give a shit about anything to do with football bar our final third of the season.

I suspect we overestimate the disruption to the players. They train, prepare and play. Ok, they have media duties too, but they aren’t in the details or negotiations for the SuperLeague or off pitch club related stuff.

Don’t get me wrong, the Super League idea last time round was badly conceived, and the communication and execution was less than amateurish.

It rightly got shot down.

With that said, the underlying issues have not gone away, so I always thought it would come back in some guise, and that it would just be a matter of time. The main underlying issue I see is who controls the game and by extension, gets rich from it?

The various governing bodies increasingly don’t seem fit for purpose, and have conflicts of interest themselves as both competition sponsoring bodies, and money making bodies. So presumably the elite clubs feel they can run a better thing, while also retaining more control, while also making more money?

I was against the last iteration, not least because of the closed shop aspect, but if another proposal comes back, I’d want to see what it is before I could say, unequivocally, that I was against it.

1 Like

I bet 100% it will be the exact same it’s come off the back of the two Milan clubs reporting FFP issues, in fact it was being rumoured last time with its current playmakers it’s got no chance. It’s going need someone else to run it, Perez shot his credibility as it was so amateurish.

I really have no interest in it at the moment. Our biggest issue is not the CL anyhow it’s the dubious shit that happens in the PL and I doubt a ESL improves our lot anyhow, those very rich clubs will have this and the oil money, we still only have this money.

Throw in the fact they will have control in it, not to mention the stake of the ESL was John W Henry not the club you can see what happens say in 10-15 years.

1 Like

The only underlying issue at play here is that some very rich people think that they could make even more money.

2 Likes

Yes obviously that! They think they can make more money.

Crucially, with more autonomy.

Right now clubs are bumped around by every governing body - who all have their noses in the trough. They are just bodies that exist for the welfare of the game, to hold the rules and set competitions… but they make many hundreds of millions too.

They are both gamekeeper and poacher.

And this stage we have multiple ruling bodies extracting more and more from the players.

Presumably the owners have thought… we can do a better job ourselves, and yes, of course, make lots of money doing so.

My only objection to it before was the complete lack of merit. I don’t care for watching the same few shit clubs over and over again. If it’s truly open to all leagues and doesn’t have a silly format, I’m in.

Are there any credible links to this story or is a Twitter post all it takes these days?

1 Like