New European Super League

Thread…

1 Like

This would be a replacement for the CL (at least for the clubs willing to create it).

1 Like

Good idea, this is a different issue and needs a separate thread.

Honestly, i am not keen on a super league. It sounds greedy and elitist to me. It is not fair on the other clubs. I like it the way it is at the moment.

4 Likes

Why change it…

1 Like

Yeah expect even more additional changes to the CL that basically locks in any former winner of 3 or more trophies to get an invite every year.

For all the stuff with VAR, English refs and the like I’d take that over such a shoddy league.

Expect some dodgy var decisions in City vs PSG semi final :rofl:

1 Like

If our club participates in this super league, we will be banned from European cup and our own national league and our players cannot play in their respective national teams.

1 Like

Exactly. What is wrong with the format now? It is fine as it is.

1 Like

As always, it’s probably all about money. Probably also a kind of “show of power” from the clubs. In all honesty, Sky Sport would probably be the biggest loser. So far, they have been able to do whatever they want.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Well BT are those who hold the CL rights, as I said the PL was a breakaway but it never broke away if you look at it.

Can’t see this going anywhere to be honest.

1 Like

For me, these last few years have been such a contradiction, listening to supporters and club officials talk. In one breath I hear about Liverpool being a “big club, one of the biggest in the world”, but then in the next breath talk about having very little financial resource or might and not being able to compete financially with the big boys.

I guess we like to be whatever is best when the narrative suits.

Maybe posted earlier in this thread but I read today John Henry would be one of the Vice-Chairman of this super league.

1 Like

OK you are right, but BT only for the UK, not the other ones. And I have no idea what this means for the domestic leagues and cups etc.

Well he won’t because I can’t see how it will even get off the ground now, they would be better to set up a group and lobby for more cash as this isn’t going create an IPL.

Sky are losing their grip as each bidding period goes by.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we see a move to a more MLB TV system within the next two bidding periods, I expect clubs will be given the opportunity to sell their none televised games and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see it permanently that all games are broadcast.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The super 6 club are not going to have it their own way.

1 Like

There are a lot of intelligent businessmen involved with this. I have to imagine it’s been vetted at least 500 times, with all possible outcomes positive and negativeness

This time it doesn’t feel like a charade, or simply a flex to extract more money, IMO this has a real possibility of getting off the ground.

3 Likes

There is a possibility, will be sad for football in my view, wouldn’t surprise me if it ends up as a summer tournament.

I think clubs including our own if they do shit don’t deserve anything, AC Milan have been a joke for a decade now.

5 Likes

Is it without English refs and without VAR, and no international football for our players anymore?

Well then… let me think again.

Sad Are You Afraid Of The Dark GIF by NickRewind

2 Likes