New European Super League

Sickening news. So, so sad. Uefa is right in sanctioning all clubs involved, including Liverpool.

I am so incredibly disappointed by the club’s vile decision to be involved in this horror show.
I utterly and totally condemn it.
Only the threat of draconic sanctions can torpedo this, very important that UEFA stand firm and threaten the use the strictest of possible sanctions to deter this.

7 Likes

English refs will be involved and so will VAR.

2 Likes

No wonder, J.P Morgan are involved. We are going to become a sports Franchise like in America! :frowning_face:

1 Like

I knew it but one can dream… :wink:

3 Likes

The money men are ruining football. That’s what it comes down to.

Liverpool fans need to oppose this loudly, clearly and emphatically. Perhaps spirit of shankly can spearhead.

6 Likes

@Obanite
if ALL the fans from the top 6 clubs unite together, they can become a powerful block. We did it against Hicks and Gillette.

2 Likes

I have news for whoever authored that Tweet, it’s not just the American money men. It’s ALL the biggest money men.

And funny John Henry would be at the forefront of this. Pretty fucking disgraceful, actually. Wonder if he and Lebron and Maverick Carter and Tom Werner came up with this idea when they were patting each other on the back and telling each other how smart they are.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with your post, start to finish, @Magnus. Well said.

I hate sounding so overly dramatic about this, but it sucks and is a terrible look for our club.

4 Likes

They are going to get a shock if they anger the fanbase. Henry and co tried to hike up the ticket prices a few years ago, and our lot walked out of the match

2 Likes

This is only about money for the clubs proposing this atrocity, nothing else. Some of the big clubs think they have a God given right to always be in the Champions League since they “are biggest” and have most fans. This is so, so vile and a direct assault on the integrity of football itself.

1 Like

For once, I am with our F.A and all the other European league associations against this.

5 Likes

Agreed Maria. The fan backlash is already wide sweeping. I also think they’ll have major egg on their face if The Boss leaves in the next 12 months.

4 Likes

This honestly ruined my day. I am so ashamed of being emotionally associated with a club proposing this and I support every sanction against the clubs behind this, including Liverpool; it is imperative that this is torpedoed.

5 Likes

It’s all about money. Winning or losing doesn’t really mean much, it’s all about the money you earn. Why don’t we value domestic cups anymore? They don’t give enough money.
The only purpose of what we watch every week is to give money to these owners and TV, trophies are just the toys to keep us happy.
Kind of hope football eats itself and dies, but as I read elsewhere it’s too big a business to let it die.

1 Like

Feeling the same, thing is Klopp and the players are now going have to answer questions about this and all this before a game that could make and break our season, thanks John.

3 Likes

I know they are Chelski lot, but as ALL football supporters we have a common enemy

Waiting for Spirit Of Shankly to release a statement!

3 Likes

Here we go, statement from Footballl Supporters Association.

2 Likes

It is the worst possible timing imho and right in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Imo unfortunately this has legs this time and everyone knew it already. They all had their statements well prepared, this isn’t a coincidence.

4 Likes