New European Super League

Spurs :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

When Liverpool got sold by David Moores in a bad deal to two corrupt American owners that was the death of Liverpool. We’ve been a brand ever since.

Liverpool was competitive back then by being able to secure the best players, paying top money. We got overtaken by richer teams and had to change tactic. Money’s been king for a long time. Paying players salaries in a week that is more than I earn in a year hasn’t helped.

I recall hoping we’d be bought by a rich owner as a kid to keep us competitive.

FFP didn’t work. That should have seen Man City banned but it didn’t. I hold no loyalty to UEFA or FIFA and see international friendlies as detrimental as playing Everton.

Sadly this season broke me in many ways. Just been a horrible affair watching insipid games we seem to just not care about as a team. That apathy seems to have rubbed off on me and I just don’t care. Neville like most others is looking out for self.

3 Likes

So if they both lose out hugely and become very much also rans in terms of achievement / transfers etc the fans will be happy because they have the perceived moral high ground? If this happens, to succeed, you must be at the heart of it, not on the outside throwing stones and holding placards.

1 Like

Don’t blame you for your apathy - honestly, I don’t. I suppose I’m trying to channel my frustrations into anger and support for action, though. Football’s gone a long way in the wrong direction in my opinion, but we have to believe it’s salvageable. It’s no longer the 80s/90s - other industries have shown that there’s plenty that can be done to prevent the supposedly “free market” from steamrollering everything in its path.

2 Likes

Viva La Redvalution

1 Like

Succeed in what? Playing in a meaningless plastic league with a bunch of primadonna galacticos? I’d rather be on the outside with integrity thanks.

4 Likes

Slightly more serious than a flat bluff then…

Looking at it from anothe rside,if we didn’t join the other 5 teams,they were kicked out of the PL and left the CL,wouldn’t we be in prime position to win both every year

Have you not heard of AFC Liverpool then?

2 Likes

Whilst viewing the money and crazy popularity of the world’s richest and glitziest competition with envious eyes?

If this happens, the Champion’s league will become the equivalent of the Rumbalow’s Cup.

Here’s the Super League’s website:

An interesting point that I’ve seen made is that with it operating outside of UEFA there would be nothing to stop the Super League including the top South American teams, for example.
Twitter handle:
https://twitter.com/tslcomms

This really feels like it’s just performative. Designed to serve as a negotiating tool.

3 Likes

For all those who keep using the likes of PSG as some sort of standing of integrity…

"One senior source at PSG warned that European football “cannot only be for the super-rich.

On a more personal level, PSG’s President, Nasser al-Khelaifi, is a member of the UEFA board and also the ECA. Sources close to the PSG president insisted on Sunday he would be reluctant to publicly knife Ceferin in the manner that Agnelli has been accused of doing by some of his peers.

Al-Khelaifi also heads up beIN Media Group, the Qatari television networks that has the rights to broadcast UEFA’s Champions League. This tournament would of course be grossly devalued should a Super League emerge independently of UEFA. “Nasser has his critics,” explains one friend of the president, “But he is a very loyal person. He is not a two-faced bastard. He is friends with Ceferin and has been on the UEFA board for a long time. If you are Nasser’s friend, he looks out for you. So, yes, there is a personal loyalty to Ceferin but also integrity to his job on the board of UEFA.”

O hark fucking hypocrisy…

3 Likes

Considered them my second team. Really hope I don’t have to make them my first.

If it goes ahead, all the big teams will be in it. Money will talk ultimately. Statements of disapproval and refusal to join right now will quickly change when the competition changes a bit and a token chunk of change is thrown to the lesser clubs.

1 Like

I mean if we were to get kicked out of PL, we can form a new one to replace us in PL right, a brand new club in the PL… unless there is a multi level promotion for AFC Liverpool…

this is everything that’s wrong with what’s happening (and has been happening for a long time)

we’re high on our own sense of self-importance and it’s not a good look

4 Likes

Absolutely. UEFA serves better food to the golden geese or they fly off.

That’s very much life. I’d be properly pissed off right now if I were an Evertonian or Leicester fan. Arsenal fans must be thanking their lucky stars. Spurs? Lottery win right there and that’s before sacking Jose.

It doesn’t have to be this way.

We can stop choosing, over and over, for it to be this way.

5 Likes