New European Super League

At some point, last year, I fell massively out of love with football. More or less revolving around watching teams play in empty stadiums in eerie silence or with awful fake noise being piped in.

This new raft of nonsense isn’t helping.

11 Likes

Regardless, good to see you back. Yep, football has changed (the crowd noise really is unforgivable) and is about to go thermo-nuclear.

It’s become so bad it’s got charming

1 Like

stupid idea that appears to be based around the idea that 2 months into the ‘competition’ a large portion of the clubs will have nothing to play for - and the watching public will be left with dozens of friendly type games that no one wants to watch. Very much like international football. this idea would be the death of football.

1 Like

this is so much fun… its like western gvts hording covid vaccines… everyone here is in it for themselves… selfishness and greed on full display. its nice to see…

1 Like

Where does the confidence of all this money being made come from?

Loads of people seem to have an ethical problem with this proposal. Loads others, like myself, have an issue with it from a sporting/competition aspect, not to mention how it devalues domestic games.

I know some will watch it anyway but I don’t understand how they’ll get the viewing figures to justify the fees being thrown around.

6 Likes

Can’t support this. If it goes through, I’m moving on.

7 Likes

Ah well, you see, you’re talking like this because you’re what they’ve described as a “legacy fan”. You’re not part of the “fans of the future”…
https://twitter.com/danroan/status/1384062591450771465
:face_vomiting:

7 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Well I just unfollowed Liverpool FC on twitter so I’m pretty sure they’ll be backing down any minute now.

18 Likes

Is it just me or is there a deafening silence from the players given their combined addiction to twitstagram?

4 Likes

People Power :clap: :muscle:

Imagine the shitstorm when the plans for the Super Duper League land…

9 Likes

So would be handing the trophy to PSG.

Now what would happen if PSG decided to jpin as well (as the reigning CL holders)?

1 Like

Leeds v Greeds :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Pissed off about it but it did make me laugh

2 Likes

Eventually it’ll just be Real Madrid vs Barcelona every week like it’s Garrison Gunners vs Woolpack Wanderers in the Isles of Scilly league.

2 Likes

I will be be calling LFC out at every opportunity. If we stay silent, they will get away with it.

4 Likes

Sadly isn’t us they are looking to care I reckon.