New European Super League

Yep. Ticket prices v Burnley are bad enough… v Juve, Barca and Real… fucking dream on.

Ticket prices sky rocket

Look at football. Who do you think is going to buy us when we’ve run FSG out of town. I guarantee they’ll be a billionaire or backed by billionaires.

Billionaires owning football clubs is exactly what has caused this. Every other billionaire owning a football club is behind this.

What makes you think the next one won’t be.

4 Likes

I did wonder if they would go looking for other teams with it obvious that Germany won’t be joining it any time soon. I’m sure they will get someone but they know they are a 3rd or 4th choice at this rate and no doubt can be surplus to requirements at some point.

1 Like

You’re not upset, are you?

Yeh, I saw that Doncaster Rovers have said that they’re not interested either.

I’ve seen the ESL compared to the EU and there’s one argument that’s relative to that - if you’re not in it, you can’t shape it. I’d rather Liverpool were in it and shaping it than out of it with no influence.

But ultimately I hope it doesn’t proceed at least in the form set out. But change is coming, it’s inevitable, and I hope we’re in a position where we can affect it.

2 Likes

I am not, all you can come up with is sporting integrity with no actual proof that this is so. I am trying to engage to understand the hostility and all I am getting is a round about. @richieh_10 the statement from the clubs is that the integrity of domestic competition will be preserved, the only reason it will be compromised is because the powers that be are the ones not wanting to allow those clubs to compete.

I am genuinely struggling to see the hostility. The Club is still there, it is still wanting to compete domestically and again, it’s just Uefa being fucked. What is the problem? That the likes of Burnley etc can’t make it in? Go back 20 years, how many of the likes of the Evertons, Leeds, Newcastles etc have got in and stayed. In terms of a percentage of teams per season and games played over 20 years you’d be hard pressed to make up 5%

1 Like

I am in solidarity with all the rival fans from the 5 clubs who don’t like this European Super league. We may be rivals when our teams play each other, but we have a common enemy, greedy Businessmen and rich Oligarchs.

1 Like

Definitely. Tell them to take their renovated stadium, trophies and training ground with them. The shyster cunts

1 Like

Farmers response.

2 Likes

It is notable to me that the bulk of the saber-rattling is still coming from UEFA. The EPL and FIFA have not come out and said that they will ban the clubs or their players from participating in their competitions. That’s all coming from UEFA. Does UEFA have a say in whether a European player can play in the World Cup?

1 Like

No wonder, he learnt about the news yesterday, at the same time as the players and the fans.

City were 20 years ago in league 1 were they not?

You can’t shit all over the domestic game’s ability to offer European football to anyone who achieves it and then turn around and go but we highly prize it, it’s like when the Tories talk about the NHS.

1 Like

Funnily enough, I’ve never seen the level of self-loathing from City and Chelsea fans that this would otherwise imply.

3 Likes

Klopp is fucking BOUNCING

1 Like

City bought their way in. It is by no means the norm. And, if for whatever fucked reason someone else is allowed to buy success the way they have or if a team rises to the top the old fashioned way then its likely they will find a way to have an invite too. At this point, if it goes ahead and the top 6 play in the league as well then in all likelihood 4 of those 6 will finish in the top 4 anyway and the argument is moot.

1 Like

So unfair to make Klopp take these questions. He’s raging and rightly so. Get the fucking owners out to answer the questions

1 Like

Chelsea and City have bought their success through just that. Over the years they have not exactly been in a rush to hand their trophies back now have they?

Absolutely. But they are hiding in their rabbit holes, the spineless cowards.

1 Like

Arsenal haven’t finished top 4 for several seasons now, these aren’t stellar teams it’s about 4 top clubs and some bang average ones.