New European Super League

Ah Jurgen I am with you.

I felt your pain in that interview man I really do

2 Likes

I did say 4 of the top 6 are likely to finish in the top 4 and not specifically the Arse or Spurs. Say what you want about Arsenal but they have competed in Europe for a very, very long time.

1 Like

The only reason Klopp is in front of the camera is because there is a game on and the interviewer is milking it for all its worth. Come now chaps, you canā€™t see this?

Monday Night Football has been fucking class tonight

But herein lies the problem. We have every competitive advantage already and want to secure ourselves another one that is a complete closed shop to everyone else.

It then devalues every other competition too. Leicester win the league. Great, enjoy playing in what will be the equivalent of the new Europa League instead of having a chance to mix it with Europeā€™s best like you earned by being the best in the country.

Great for John and LeBron. Not so great for the game itself or any of the clubs left on the outside. Thatā€™s why UEFA and the leagueā€™s will do everything they can not to allow us to play domestic competitions if we join, it completely skews the whole game even further towards the haves.

The players potentially stand to benefit hugely from this in terms of salaries and they seem to hate the idea. That should give an indication as to why thereā€™s such outrage. We complained of Chelsea and PSG and City outspending us because of how theyā€™re bank rolled and now weā€™re signing up to our own scheme in cahoots with them.

1 Like

Getting in front of the media to address questions about this is the CEOā€™s job, not Kloppā€™s. It should have been done yesterday, just after the official announcement.

Doing nothing during 24 fucking hours, knowing that Klopp would have to face the fire tonight after the game, is spineless and cowardly, full stop.

3 Likes

Yes, boss

3 Likes

Do you expect John Henry to do the post match? Itā€™s just utterly shit timing that it happened before our game. Tuchel will face the same tomorrow.

1 Like

Youā€™d expect him to have discussed it with Klopp FFS

1 Like

Exactly, the Directors s at FSG should be doing it. Klopp has enough on his plate to sort the team tactics out and prepare for games, not to get abuse and criticism about the ESL to which he wasnā€™t consulted on.

2 Likes

Henry canā€™t even bother putting a statement on the official website and why is it that Klopp is the first to be answering these questions everyone of the six played this weekend?

3 Likes

No, Iā€™d have expected the CEO to come out and hold a press conference today in the morning or something, and take the fucking fire, instead of bucking his responsibilities, and letting Klopp take it tonight.

6 Likes

Competed is one word you could use I suppose.

6 Likes

Gary Neville and Carra have been fucking brilliant spokesmen for football fans tonight. Kudos

1 Like

They are both as ignorant as fvck!

The least they can do is study this subject extensively and make informed comments, not emotional rants!

6 Likes

You keep going on about studying/research like you have a phd on the subject. Yet earlier you were referring to some ā€˜Champions Cupā€™ that came before the Champions League.

2 Likes

What you mean is they will say what you believe, many people donā€™t, being called a ā€œlegacy fanā€ like itā€™s something thatā€™s the past, sorry but he can shove that too.

1 Like

I donā€™t have a PhD on the subject, which is why Iā€™m not out there making stupid emotional rants.

Neville says this is the end of the football pyramid, yet nothing is impacted directly except the CL.

If you are going o come out talking like he is, come up with reasoned commentary!