New European Super League

If they kicked the 6 out of the PL, would that not significantly reduce the ability of the remaining 14 to make enough money to keep themselves going.

1 Like

None of the leagues will kick out any of the 12 clubs that have signed up to the ESL.

Whilst some of the clubs might not have much effect, can you imagine the leagues trying to negotiate new tv deals if they don’t include Real, Barca, Liverpool or Utd? Sky would offer 3 fiths of fuck all

2 Likes

It also won’t be happening every week. I think this whole idea that too much quality football will be a bad thing is a tad overdone. There are plenty of reasons the ESL shouldn’t happen, raising the quality of matches is not one of them. There will still be 20 or so odd EPL games where we get to watch us fail to unlock the low block and we scream for more creativity in the midfield :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Worth it to fuck United permanently. Trouble is somebody else would take our place. Looking at you Newcastle.

2 Likes

Which is why this is all a big game of poker.

Yeah, they’ve breached the PL rules, no shit. It’s meaningless though. What possible sanctions can they impose given there aren’t enough numbers to expel them?

Actually - it seems rather convenient/suspicious that this didn’t go ahead until the PL clubs had got 6 clubs signed up, don’t you think?

3 Likes

Are Uefa, Fifa and the national leagues allowed to ban players and clubs from their competitions because they are also participating in another competition? “No,” say sports lawyers.

This is what I was reffering to.

2 Likes

Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

Woohoo~~~

1 Like

Our Captain.

Henderson calls Premier League captain’s meeting on Super League European Super League: Jordan Henderson calls emergency meeting with Premier League captains | Daily Mail Online

1 Like

‘We are European football. They are not’

UEFA

The Uefa congress is taking place today and they have just released the following statement about the European Super League:

The 55 member associations and participants in the Uefa Congress condemn the declaration of a so called “Super League.” The Uefa Congress is adamant that the closed “Super League” goes against the very concept of what it is to be European: unified, open, supportive, and principled on sporting values. Uefa and its member associations believe in a truly European model that is founded on open competitions, solidarity and redistribution to ensure the sustainability and development of the game for the benefit of all and the promotion of European values and social outcomes.

The conspirator clubs have obviously failed to see that their status today was not achieved in isolation, but rather was part of a dynamic European system where big, medium and small clubs have all contributed to the successes and losses of everyone. It is an affront to European values and sporting merit for them to assume they are entitled to “separate” and lay claim to the legacy that everyone built.

Uefa, its member associations and all those who love football stand firm and will strongly resist and fight against this move by these clubs’ owners and their backers to the fullest extent possible. We know, morally, what is at stake and will protect football from a selfish clan who care nothing for the game. We are European football. They are not.

1 Like

Let’s see eh

You are right though 18 of the teams don’t have much pull, 4 of which have just entered a league focused on attracting insane viewing figure money.

How quick will it take for one of these clubs to be removed from this exclusive club.

Hence the threat to the “football pyramid” in England. No big six, no big TV money, and so not enough money flowing down to the lower divisions / leagues.

I’m sure the “big six” had that all figured out.

2 Likes

Anyhow I think we will see changes on the back of this, however with the cold feet of some clubs and more importantly the rather lukewarm response from players that this super league is at risk of falling to bits.

Big 2… Bar Arsenal I think the other three can easily be replaced.

Welcome to my world.

5 Likes

Didn’t he play for Man City? :thinking:

7 Likes

You can call this the New World Order of football, brother!

Why not just let these 12 teams go their own way,it’s only 12 out of thousands of clubs around Europe?
We all know the reason and it is because these 12 make up a huge amount of the money that all the others get to use to varying degrees/amounts.They’re the cash cow that the majority of the rest live off.
For all the bluster coming from the footballing authorities and the other clubs,they are scrambling to keep these clubs in their competitions.I hope in all this the EPL,FA and in particular Uefa don’t lose sight of the need for change within their organisations rather than just pandering to the demands for extra revenue which these owners are looking for.

2 Likes