New Likes Button Experiment

I would like the default like or the heart to be the pick when you tap it once…

Right now I’m having to touch twice which isnt efficient use of my fingers and my utter jobless times… Not optimum design

I feel silly asking this, is there a possibility of adding the “heart eyes” emoji to the likes choices? :heart_eyes: I would even be willing to make an extra donation to TAN to cover the coding cost of adding it to the choices.

Often times when I’ve read an excellent and well thought out post from our community, or when @SBYM is trolling the Cafe, or when someone links an outstanding goal or achievement from our squad, that emoji comes instantly to mind first. Love and adoration!

Yes I’m a grown man, with adult children, asking TAN to add a heart eyes emoji. :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

I heartily endorse this post.

Would also like this one… :frowning_face:

Just to let people know when they have made me sad…

1 Like

Done :wink:

1 Like

In related news, making @SBYM sad is an auto-ban. :smirk:

1 Like

Great feedback on the new emoji, now you all can go to this post and test out your new emoji.

1 Like

Amazing! Thank you so much @ISMF1!

I can assure you it will be my most used like option at the end of 2022.

Thank you again! :beers:

Rolling eyes. That’s my favourite, since everyone seems to be in a giving phase.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: is my all time absolute favourite ever

2 Likes

Sorry for reviving this old thread.

I have an issue: on my phone, while I scroll with my thumb, I quite often hit the like button in posts randomly.
The like button seems to be exactly at the wrong place.
Which can be quite awkward, depending on the conversation I’m browsing.

I realize people with a different morphology probably don’t encounter the same issue. And I don’t even have a suggestion for a fix, but maybe someone has.

10 Likes

That’s a tricky one.

Different phone sizes, how individuals hold phones (size of hand, which hand dominant, and grip)

On my iPhone 8 is pretty much central. (So I am never near it). Do you have a small phone ?

Let me have a :thinking: I could possibly make a skin with the button on the left side.

2 Likes

Putting it on the left might be a way to solve it.

When I test scrolling with my thumb on other icons, links don’t get triggered. What’s the difference with the like button?
Maybe there’s a way to disable click event in case of touch+scroll.

1 Like

I tried Twitter like button, and I don’t seem to be able to like by mistake while scrolling.
There could be something to copy there.

1 Like

Seconded.

3 Likes

Thirded. :grinning:

2 Likes

Generally the trend now in phone apps is to have as many interactable within easy reach of the phone considering most typing happens by the thumb of the predominant hand (which is holding the phone) .

Extra likes? What’s not to like?
If it wasn’t for that feature some of us would never get any likes at all… so please keep hitting that heart as you scroll, for my sake :wink::rofl:

1 Like

Agreed. If this can’t be solved at least allow likes inadvertently given to be retracted. I often find later that I’ve inadvertently liked a post that I’m then unable to change.

That is already doable. You just need to click on the like button a 2nd time and it will remove the unintended like

Apparently not if it’s been a while. If you don’t realise you’ve liked a post it isn’t possible to change something if you find out only later on