NON Breaking News Stories

I think there’s definitely multiple aspects governing addiction and the relationship with gateway drugs etc

Back in my day, we all smoked weed, some did E and some did cocaine, shrooms and acid. Now, we were all probably middle class/working class, ‘raging against the machine’ and as far as I know, these days nobody does anything more than regular level drinking. I don’t think anyone even smokes cigarettes anymore.

None of us were ever going to be using heroin. Weed was a gateway for those who w,anted to try something stronger, but it was always something you could put back into the box. For those who rely on drugs to escapetheir situation, it’s something else entirely

1 Like

I’m all for it. Smoking needs to be made more inconvenient and smoking extracts huge tolls on individuals and our society.

1 Like

I’ve been vaping for almost 9 years now, after 35 years as a smoker.
Probably not good for me, but I’m fairly sure it’s not as bad for me as smoking.

Don’t really get the type of vaping that creates a single plume that would fill a transit van, they must think it’s like a penis extension

Not so sure about this. I’m early 40s but in the early 90s remember two older brothers of friends who tried heroin, including one who went onto lose his life. There was some (mostly casual) weed smoking and in the late 90s and early 00s acid and then cocaine for a few years. This was amongst a peer group of (at school) upper middle class kids and mostly similar at uni and then first few years working. While none (that I know of) went onto have a sustained problem with these drugs there are several who definitely still drink way to excess and you could easily foresee a change in life circumstances leading to a slide into alcoholism.

These days I regularly volunteer as a drug and alcohol counsellor and alcohol is without doubt the most prevalent drug of abuse and its ubiquitousness makes it much harder for most to shake.

I’m fully aware. Problem is, now there’s folks out there dusting cannabis with fentanyl.

1000% this.

1 Like

Sorry for posting this but it is so bizarre in so many ways…

• the clickbate title
  • the thought that this is (potentially) considered a life changing amount any more
  • who is this story targeting (apart from me obviously)
  • there’s nothing to the story, which is probably what it all is…

“Health Minister Mark Butler says the products are creating a new generation of nicotine addicts in Australia.”

After the press conference, Butler retired with the rest of the committee to throw back a few pints.

Do you know what is in that liquid?
I tried to find out and gave up and to be on the safe side continued smoking.

couldn’t have looked too hard

Yeah but he carried on smoking to be safe :roll_eyes:

I smoked for 15y in total over two periods. Haven’t much to say on the matter.

I remember reading about this about 10 years ago.

Very misleading headline of course. The headline should be that lots of cunnilingus + a partner or partners with HPV = much greater risk of throat cancer. It’s nothing to do with oral sex itself. Just don’t go down on a million sexual partners!

1 Like

The French Telling the French Police, they intend to protest.

https://twitter.com/Normanjam671/status/1654046672958226433?s=20

2 Likes

I honestly feel like this every time I see a corrupt govt minister or Tory party official.
The British when they are on the picket line is like having a party, singing and chatting.

1 Like

Yeh, I know how you feel, the Labour controlled council here in Liverpool is corrupt as they come. And what can we do about it? Absolutely nothing.

1 Like

I am not happy with Labour either. I heard Labour haven’t been good local councillors in some of their constituencies.There isn’t one politician I trust in this country.
However, we have to vote for one of the parties.

2 Likes

Time to be a double agent. Infiltrate them, gather evidence, and turn over to the police.

You probably haven’t heard about an earthquake in Japan earlier today. A magnitude of 6.5, which in an urban setting could cause some damage and even a few fatalities. Well, in this country at least. But this one happened in a sparsely populated area on the northern tip of the Noto Peninsula in Ishikawa.

The only reason I’m telling you about this is to highlight an aspect of technology in Japan. I happened to be in Ishikawa at that time, in a mountain town named Yamanaka about 120 miles from the epicenter, and yet I knew about the earthquake before I felt it. My wife and I were in our car and all of a sudden very loud alarms started going off. At first I thought it was the police, but I soon realized that the police don’t give me a vibrating feeling in pocket. I then noticed that almost everybody outside had stopped moving and were looking at their phones with somewhat perplexed looks on their faces. Then a tannoy announcement was made informing everyone that an earthquake was about to happen. It then happened but didn’t last long.

There was no damage where I was, but I was still amazed at the speed with which the warning was sent. Unlike the debacle in the UK recently with their test of a nationwide emergency warning. But then, the PM’s wife probably doesn’t own a piece of whatever company set up this system in Japan.

5 Likes