NON Breaking News Stories

Where To Start At Work GIF by Barnaby

Define working.
My dog contantly works, at alerting us to any grumpy old bastards visiting.

Guide Dogs, Sniffer dogs at the airports/docks, and farm dogs.

Nothing else is needed

Rescue dogs, police dogs, therapy dogs, bomb disposal dogs, companionship dogs

I’d get rid of more humans than I would dogs.

2 Likes

Ban tossers from owning dogs - people should be licensed to own them - and as a big dog owner, I’d be happy to go through whatever licensing is required.

BSL’s are bullshit - ban the breed that’s currently flavour of the month and the idiots will move to the next dog breed.

3 Likes

We had Staffordshire Bull Terrier ban here (pure-bred, registered) even though it had not had any deaths linked to it, while another 2 breeds had multiple deaths linked to it. That’s politicians for you.

2 Likes

Where are you? Staffies are lovely dogs and there are loads of them at rescues.

Ontario, Canada.

I assume Am Staffs are also banned there?

When I was in growing up (in Toronto), my cousins, out by Wasaga Beach, had a lovely Doberman.

Yes they are.

no excuses for his reaction on body cam, but read the whole story

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/seattle/report-seattle-officer-pedestrian-crash/281-c8832aee-15df-4119-9d90-dbae15b44b1f

Officer was travelling 65mph+ with lights on and chirping the siren. this pedestrian walked in front of a police cruiser traveling to an emergency call. That’s asking for trouble.

Officer is in trouble for his comments. not for the incident with the pedestrian.

I think his response or lack of empathy for the victim alone shows him in poor light.

Don’t know the area enough but maybe it was a blind corner and the victim didn’t know the car was coming into her.

Also have read some accounts that the victim wasn’t crossing over when she was struck.

1 Like

I’d probably revise this somewhat. Taking into consideration that there will be guys like … “My Tommy, he wouldn’t hurt a fly”.

Anyone owning or intenting to owning a pitbull or this BullXL breed will have to post a security deposit worth some 250k with the government(which doesn’t mean that they won’t have to get jail time etc)

Implement those rules and you’ll find people not so willing to own those anymore.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/LXKvT4vKFMBrgmpD6

the pedestrian is reported by witnesses to have had airpods in. police car had full lights on and chirping the siren. points to a situation where someone wasn’t paying attention and stepped out into a crosswalk without looking both ways wearing Black pants, black hoodie.

They have it on the dash camera, she stepped out in front of the police car which had the right of way.

1 Like

ever owned a big dog? over 100lb.

That’s very likely. Sad that a life has been lost though.

1 Like

Do a German shepherd , mudhol , greatdane count ?

Think of mudhol as a sorta Afghan hound.

absolutely. especially in the case of a Shepherd they’re reactionary to their owners

must like anything else considered “dangerous” (weapons, etc) there should be training involved before being allowed to take ownership of some breeds of animals.

there are no checks in place for this, which is part of the problem. social responsibility seriously lacking

my neighbor is 140lb woman who owns a 110lb Cane Corso. The dog is fiercely protective, and if it decides to break free there’s not a damned thing she can do to stop it. I have an 8yo son, who has had to learn how to behave around such an animal.

Agree with this totally. Pet owners should be held accountable as well.