Norwich vs. Liverpool: Kangaroo Cup, 19:45 Tue 21st September 2021

Well, someone had to do it.

Would be nice to win this (and later on the FA Cup) Lil Cup, a trophy is a trophy after all. Besides, the expression on Pep’s face will be priceless.

Kelleher
Some Kid Konate Gomez Tsimikas
Milner
AOC Curtis
Minamino Origi Jota

All senior players, only thing is, they haven’t played much together. Norwich is struggling, so may not be too arsed for this one.

7 Likes

Kelleher, Bradley, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas, Milner, Keita, ox, Jones, Minamino, Origi.

3 Likes

About time he got his opportunity.

12 Likes

You want some

Unfortunately Ifti has scuppered our chances by spelling the name of the cup correctly.

2 Likes

Fixed it for him.

Hope you don’t mind @Iftikhar

1 Like

Any chance of Neco starting this one?

Also, read somewhere that Kaide Gorden was left out of the U23s.

Looked great in preseason but is that enough to start this one?

1 Like

Kelleher
Gomez Konate Phillips Tsimikas
Jones Milner Ox
Minamino Origi Jota

Assuming Neco is injured, otherwise stick him in there instead of Gomez.

Score…dunno, 7-4 or something.

1 Like

Neco has been out injured so very unlikely, Bradley and Gordon left out of u23 game earlier.

3 Likes

Kellerher
Trent Nat Gomez Tsimikas
Ox Milner Curtis
Minamino Origi Jota

Why are people including Jota in their teams? Surely he’s too important to risk in a fixture like this.

10 Likes

Especially with Bobby out injured.

1 Like

exatamente

Maybe they remember Midtjylland? :thinking:

4 Likes

My two reasons for putting in Jota are

• am hoping Bobby will at least be back on bench at the weekend

• without one of Salah, Mané or Jota we’ll make it too difficult to beat them.

Norwich is still a PL side and they are probably going to go full strength.

1 Like

Kelleher
Bradley Gomez Nat Konate Tsimikas
Ox Curtis
Gordon Origi Minamino

Wing back system to avoid risking the likes of Keita or Milner.
Milner vulnerable to a muscle strain if played again so soon.
No way Jota should play - bringing back memories of him getting injured in that dead rubber champions League game last year.

6 Likes

Wonnie Pickawin eh!..do you know who u are.

For the topic title …Kangaroo Cup: This is a case of the Chinese proverb - calling a deer (in this case a carabao (I originally typed caribou…completely different animal! Haa!) a horse (a kangaroo) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Would have thought Gordon is starting this. Not exactly flush with options out there and there’s no point in top (which Gordon is) young players signing for us when they can go to the likes of Dortmund if we don’t play them in games like this.

Might see Henderson or similar in here for a bit of leadership but I expect 8 or 9 changes anyway.

1 Like

No reason why we can’t field a competitive team. Norwich’s woeful start to the season may see them write this off as a distraction.

I’d go Kelleher - TAA -Phillips-Gomez-Tsimikas —Jones-Milner-Ox —Minamino-Divock-Gordon.

If Bobby is fit play him instead of Gordon. If TAA is unfit play Gomez at RB and bring in Konate.

I’ll be very disappointed if we go out to these.

4 Likes