Norwich vs. Liverpool: Kangaroo Cup, 19:45 Tue 21st September 2021

I care so little about this cup that I won’t even ask for a stream. It obviously won’t be on DAZN as which broadcaster would actually pay for this shit?

Thankfully Liverpool are playing. It would be nice for some youth players to get some game time, and hopefully we can get them more experience in the next round, where I will bitch and complain again in the pre match thread about how useless this competition is. I hope there are no more replays, surely that got rid of that stupidity?

3 Likes

I would go: Kelleher, Bradley, Phillips, Gomez, Tsimikas, Milner, AOC, Jones, Gordon, Origi, Minamino. Gets a run out for the fringe players and doesn’t risk the starting 11. I’m with @Nobluff, I want us to win because I always want us to win but I don’t care if we lose. It’s a cup that only one team takes seriously. The only thing it is good for is getting more minutes in the legs of Minimino, AOC, Jones, etc.

2 Likes

For a moment I thought there was a new sponsor

You can almost tell someones age by what its referred as.

Milk Cup
Littlewoods Cup
Rumbelows Cup
Coca Cola Cup
Worthing Cup
Carling Cup
Captial one Cup
Carabao Cup

3 Likes

Kelleher
Bradley Gomez Phillips Williams
Ox Milner Jones
Gordon Origi Minamino

Or simply the League Cup, for us old codgers.

15 Likes

Kelleher, Ox + 9 kids …No Midjiland repeat please Jurgen.

The reds have got no money and we’ll win just the PL and CL

1 Like

Should go with a mix of experience and kids. More than Klopp, it’s the players who are playing who need to take it seriously.

Kelleher, Gomez, Phillips, Ox, Minamino, Origi, Tsimikas and Jones should be guaranteed starters in my opinion. The rest depends on fitness, training and how Klopp sees who are needed for next game.

Would love us to have good run in the cups this time. Should be a good game as Norwich should be taking this seriously and could give us a good fight.

Konate needs games so why are we not including him folks?

5 Likes

Kelleher
Bradley Konate Gomez Tsimikas
Ox Milner Curtis
Minamino Origi Gordon

1 Like

I think Norwich will be looking to boost their confidence with a win. They have only scored 2 goals so far this season yet conceeded 14, that’s horrific for a team trying to play football. The manager won’t give up and this could be the opportunity to restart their season. Note they beat Bournemouth 6-0 in the 2nd round so have a decent 2nd string.

I don’t even remember it being the Capital One Cup…

Accrington Stanley?

This one.
I wonder what’s happened to Neco. I still think we need to get a Tsimikas level back-up for Trent.

Must be the Coca Cola Cup generation. Was used as a generic disparaging term for any shitty tournament or achievement

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it. One of the few times in a season that watching Liverpool play is a stress-free experience. Doesn’t matter if we lose and it’s an opporunity to give some of the fringe players a run out. Next week is massive with Brentford, Porto and City coming up. Then it’s the international break so I can’t see many of the regulars starting. Hope Gordon gets some minutes. He looked really good in pre-season.

5 Likes

I say this evey year…the domestic trophies are lower on the priority list than the PL or CL, but it doesn’t mean I don’t care about them. This one is the lowest priority forsure.

Winning trophies is important however. Maybe we get lucky this year and have some easy draws like City usually do.

I’d not be surprised if Klopp puts a stronger line up than those suggested in this thread so far.

Kelleher, Trent, Gomez, Konate/Phillips, Tsimikas, Milner, Jones, Naby, Taki, Div and one of Jota or Mane.

Strong bench.

Edit: I forgot Ox - he probably starts - I’d go over Naby based on the team I set out.

I wouldn’t start Trent (give him time to fully get over whatever issue kept him out on Saturday) or Jota (who has played a lot and looks in need of a break). I also don’t think Milner is up to another start so soon after playing an intense 90 minutes.

Would go with:

Kelleher
Bradley, Konate, Phillips, Tsimi
Hendo
Ox, Jones
Gordon, Origi, Taki

1 Like

Surely Phillips has to start otherwise what’s the point?!

Kelleher
Neco/Bradley Gomez Phillips Tsimikas
AOC Academy Jones
Minamino Origi Gordon

2 Likes

I wonder if Konate could play as the number 6/holding midfielder

Yeah but that was also a Bournemouth second string