Norwich vs. Liverpool: Kangaroo Cup, 19:45 Tue 21st September 2021

If Gordon plays as many are expecting, and scores, he will be our youngest-ever goalscorer, beating out Ben Woodburn.

So, no pressure?

The second string cup. :smiley:

Kelleher surely in goal.

I see both Konate and Tsimikas keeping their places, Gomez to come in at LCB alongside Konate and then we’ll see who starts at RB. Trent, Millie or Bradley. Millie might be more needed in midfield. Gives us the chance to rest at least 3 of our defensive starters.

Like I said, possibly Millie in the #6 role, like in pre-season. Could see him being supported by 2 out of; Jones, Keita or Chamberlain. But Chamberlain might be more needed in the forward line. Potentially we can also play a double pivot midfield with, say, Milner and Keita and then have a more offensive set up in front of them.

Up top, depends which mix we want. Origi was back central against Milan. If he’s central, then we can put more combining players in the inside channel (not that we have a ton of direct forwards!). I could see Minamino starting in the left inside channel, that’s basically been one of his two positions for us so far. Could be Ox on the right in that case.

1 Like

Isn’t neco injured

Kelleher

Bradley Konate Gomez Tsimikas

Milner

Jones Clarkson

OxChamb Gordon Minamino

Something like that?

Don’t really want to say anyone from the first team picture anywhere near this.

1 Like

Clarkson is out on loan.

Someone else then. This management stuff is a puss of piss.

(Put Keita in originally, but with Thiago’s injury I don’t think we can risk him - I think it needs to be someone from the youth. Klopp like to use these opportunities to start youngsters)

I think the next in line from kids who could be involved in the matchday squad tomorrow from central midfielders is Morton.

According to @Sweeting it’s likely only Bradley and Gordon have a chance at starting? Think we may be looking at your team, but with Ox in midfield, Phillips instead of Gomez, and Origi in the front 3…

1 Like

Gordon wouldn’t be at centre forward, he’ll be on the right if he plays. Origi should absolutely be playing this, he needs minutes if he’s going to be a first team option.

I think @ZinedineBiscan might have it right with Henderson starting. Klopp picked Van Dijk against Lincoln last year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a stronger side here than most are expecting.

4 Likes

That guy who took his place at weekend got man of the match. :roll_eyes:

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit. We’ve never named a side without at least one of the senior players playing, so it’s at least one of Henderson or Milner (since Virgil isn’t quite fully there yet). We’ve also tended to play players who haven’t been getting much game time, rather than just tons of youth players. In fact, we tend to limit it to 3 youth players (except in cases of necessity like when Hoever came on to replace Lovren).

Could be, yeah. Would allow Millie to remain at RB. Plus, if we win the game by the hour mark or so, we could make further changes to important players.

Agreed with this. Agree with what @ILLOK said as well, could be a good mix of experience and youth. Could we see Gomez at right back if Konate and Phillips start?

How many subs are allowed here? 3 itself like in league? Might impact Klopp’s decision.

2 Likes

I don’t see Nat playing unless something happens to our 4 CB’s. Then we look at it in January and see if there are some offers. If not then, he finally moves out next summer.

How do you do that? I know the result wouldn’t be as important as a PL or CL game, but I hyperventilate even during preseason games.

:100: With so many senior players jostling for minutes, we have a good chance to win this trophy no matter who we draw.

:+1: Didn’t realize he has played in all six games plus two for Portugal as well.

3 Likes

3 at the back? I don’t like that system but it would allow Gomez, Phillips and Konate to all play.

Kelleher
  Gomez  Phillips  Konate

Milner Tsimiskas
Henderson
OX Another Jones
Origi

Should be 100% kids. No-one within touching distance of the PL or CL match day squad should be anywhere near this match. Absolute nothing cup and a complete waste of time.

2 Likes

Not the usual post?

The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

3 Likes