Other so-called “sports”

Evidently it shows you didn’t watch.

I’ve seen it’s 6 weeks not 2 years.

Sounds like a very young relationship that will not last due to the sniping of those on social media and elsewhere.

I would say it helps him Humphries won but it seems Humphries who. Poor lad.

Anyhow only being 28 expect this final to be played again and again.

https://x.com/eddiehearn/status/1742914901230940488?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

Impressive numbers.

PL lineup being announced at 4.

Certs for me would be Humphries, Smith, MvG, Aspinall, Price and Cross. Would assume Wright also gets in, then maybe a toss up between Dobey and Littler. The hype surrounding Littler and the clear spike in viewing figures he has brought possibly tips in it his favour, though at his age I wonder if he’ll want to commit to the schedule.

1 Like

Yup you have to wonder how they play it. It won’t be the player if he misses out who will be disappointed but there is a risk of pushing him quickly.

So it is Littler over Dobey, had the other 7 right.

Peter Wright looks like he was created in a WWE video game in that graphic on Sky Sports.

Very much so. Everyone on the Littler train whilst the World No.1 and winner of 4 competitions in as many months is getting zero coverage, beyond his words about Littler.

1 Like

that’s how the media works. they’re literally, attention whores.

Is this thread still about Dart?

No mention about The Rocks return to Monday Night Raw?

they still show wrestling on TV? wow.

Wrestling’s not a sport, unless its the Olympic wrestling.

WWE chat can be saved for the jokes thread, or just in the bin.

2 Likes

Wrestling is bigger than ever. Bigger than something like Darts or Curling could ever be.

But I can see why many people can identify themselves with Darts - Dad Bods and beer drinking.

WWE recently had over 60.000 people in Cardiff Stadium. AEW - founded four years ago had over 70.000 at Wembley.

1 Like

Its massive forsure. So are things like Disney and Marvel. Childrens entertainment - not sport.

And i accept that jumping around in a ring in lycra pretending to fight/being acrobatic does require skill and athleticism

Darts is not a sport that requires athleticism, but the skill required is unreal, like snooker. Sports.

2 Likes

The clue is in the name: World Wrestling Entertainment

It’s just a soap opera with more Lycra and steroids.

1 Like

That’s a lot of Dr Who fans in one place

So you attack wrestling and darts and now it’s an attack on Doctor Who.

This thread disgusts me.

Darts should have had its own thread. I might create one.

1 Like

Olympic Handball European Championship started today in Germany.

53.000 people in Düsseldorf Stadium to watch Germany vs Switzerland tonight.

1 Like

Darts it better

Lets Go Yes GIF by DAZN USA

1 Like

Will be interesting how many turn up when Germany aren’t playing. Or is it just Germany Vs Switzerland?

Is Base jumping an extreme sport or a hobby?
Been watching alot of it on Youtube.

I think I’d describe it as ‘nuts’ Maria.
Very extreme, dangerous, … makes me faint just watching it. :rofl:

1 Like