Ozan Kabak (CB), Schalke

queue, FFS!

2 Likes

I think that is a symptom of our scouting system not the point of it. We like to watch players for a while that usually means they’ve hit 23 or more before we have done so. Not that we are waiting till then as a policy. If a player has been on our radar longer due to youth team football or breaking through to senior football At a younger age and we have monitored long enough to be sure we then won’t wait till they have hit a certain age or experience level in my eyes. Once we are sure we will move. For the record I’m not convinced Kabak is who we are going for just don’t think it’s as unlikely as some people think and wouldn’t surprise me. The reasons people list as to why it won’t happen don’t convince me.

Let’s be honest though. He may fit into the category of 3rd or 4th choice as Matip is brittle. VVD is gone and will take at least a year to get back. Who knows how he’ll be then. So he could technically get a season to blood in out of shear necessity.

1 Like

If there are actually plans for a new CB in January, I’d rather we upped the ante and go for Upamecano instead.

3 Likes

I’d prefer a player who doesn’t spit at people. Kabak is also a diabetic and isn’t playing at a very high level with Schalke. Maybe he does have some high potential but there’s too many red flags for me.

Upamecano is good, but not that good yet. If you were to listen to BT sport when Leipzig were playing in the CL latter stages you’d have thought he was a cross between Baresi and Desailly. They did the same with Werner too and any other player they think might come across to England.

6 Likes

January sales? But yeah, £20 would be taking the piss. I’d buy four of him and immediately put 3 on ebay.

3 Likes

That’s a terrible pun but since it’s from you :grinning: and we do need another CB.

1 Like

Pedantic level 1,000,000 achieved.

Was meant to say £20m-25m :flushed:

2 Likes

Tbf, what was your range meant to be? :wink:

Ah, I see you’ve now clarified!

2 Likes

He does aim to please.

1 Like

I’m almost 100% sure it’s a policy of our transfer strategy when it comes to buying a first 11 starter player,i’m not saying it’s set in stone and they won’t break the rule to get a player outside of this criteria but i’d say they’d have to be something special for us to change it,as Klopp likes to bring in players around the 23+ age range because they are fully grown and got experience.

Any player under that age group who gets bought,tends to got into the 18’s and 23’s,if this wasn’t the case then why have we just sold Brewster and loaned out Elliott,when Klopp raved about these 2 for the past year or so,Kabak is in that bracket of being too young,inexperienced,not good enough and has a bad attitude right now,i would say if we did buy him,he’s one for the future to work on and to knock the stupid out of him as he’s nowhere near good enough for our first team right now.

(slightly outdated, chiefly in that wagner’s been sacked)

I’m just going to hope and hope that this one isn’t accurate.
I know he’s young, and he’s shown some promise, but I watched a lot of Schalke matches due to Wagner being manager and McKennie when he was there.

I’ve not seen him be a good influence in the back at all. When I would watch matches, he seemed to throw himself into tackles or make massive errors physically or mentally.

If you look at the most recent ratings or reviews of him by Kicker or other organizations (for those of you who don’t watch Schalke matches and I don’t blame you). Schalke have problems all over which isn’t surprising given they have 1 point from 5 matches and have given up 19 goals in those 5 matches.

The only reason I could see being linked with him is age, but I’d just as soon put a teenager out there. Sure they won’t have the experience of Kabak… but I’m not sure that’s a bad thing.

3 Likes

Leaked footage of Ozan agreeing his weekly wage with Edwards…

4 Likes

Now I’m reading that club “insiders” are puzzled at the reports linking us to Kabak. Apparently we’re not interested. If this is true, I hope we are in for Upamecano instead. I believe his physicality is probably a better fit for LFC.

Don’t see this happening, Instead try for a Klavan type signing till we know how VVD is after he comes back from the injury.

Also the spitting incident, Big no from me.

1 Like

Been saying this for ages. Cooley says hi :blush:

Dread Pirate Roberts, such a great film :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

Kolasinac has rejoined Schalke…

…to replace Kabak who’s coming here??