Ozan Kabak (CB), Schalke

Hopefully not.

2 Likes

Kolasinac is a fullback. Kabak CB.

Still wouldn’t rule out signing him.

Maybe we take him on loan fist.

1 Like

Not signing him.

I dunno the Schalke squad well, but Kolasinac is quite a utility man, and can definitely play at LCB in a three. Any strengthening of their defensive ranks suggests they’re either struggling financially (need to sell someone) or defensively in the league (or both).

1 Like

You know it’s bad when you are regretting leaving Lovren go. Ah Dejan, where are you now when we need you!

2 Likes

Undertaker GIF by memecandy

Outta nowhere Sky Sports News saying the Kabak deal is potentially back on - arrangements made for him to have his Liverpool medical in Germany if the deal can be agreed.

I’d take him. Bags of potential.

3 Likes

What was the spitting thing I saw mentioned, that apparently shed some doubts he has the right mentality for us. Any idea from our German posters?

1 Like

He spat in the general direction of a player recently when having a bit of a tiff.

As I said way earlier in this thread - I think that’s something that needs channelling into positive actions rather than negative.

I think it’s a relatively minor issue.

2 Likes

Not sure what to think about Kabak now tbh.

When he was at Stuttgart he looked like the next big thing. Probably the best CB in his age group and younger with huge potential.

Bayern wanted to sign him but he decided to go to Schalke for guaranteed playing time.

Of course he is not the reason why Schalke will go down but confidence etc might be gone.

5 Likes

Also mentioned by Mel Reddy Liverpool transfer news: Marseille’s Duje Caleta-Car still possible with Preston’s Ben Davies set to sign | The Independent

There are a few more possibilities, like Ozan Kabak from Schalke, but all of them are complicated by the limited time left in which to reach an agreement and allowing the selling club a chance to source a replacement.

1 Like

Fuck we’ve gone from no centre backs to apparently signing EVERY centre back.

Strap in folks it’s going to be an interesting day

5 Likes

Makes a change to the last few years. It’s actually quite exciting.

Lets hope we can secure two today, Davies and one other. If it’s Kabak, great.

4 Likes

The Kabak situation will be clear by 5pm (UK time), when the transfer window in Germany closes. SSN reporting it’s dependant on Schalke finding a replacement, which they must have secured by the deadline.

1 Like

Stylistically he seems a fit, attitude not so sure…

4 Likes

I’m gone for an hour and we’re signing all the CBs in the world!?

7 Likes

These revived links make me nervous. I’m not at all into Kabak for LFC. Main caveat that I will support him if Edwards does sign him but I just don’t at all think he’s a good fit nor do I think he’s very good. Has “upside” but it’s a no for me.

5 Likes

Sky Sport Germany firing up these rumour, they say it only depends on a replacement/Mustafi!?!

Finally someone wants Mustafi :rofl:, and how it looks they can afford him with this Kabak deal now.

The deal would be to good to be true (for them ?!)

1 Like

Yep, just 5mns ago a video on Twitter of Kabak with the Schalke medical staff. This might be the one happening. :unamused:

2 Likes

All smokescreen.

We’ll sign someone totally out of the blue, like Fabinho and Jota.

:joy:

3 Likes

And Ronan confirms medical.

2 Likes