Ozan Kabak (CB), Schalke

Sky Germany reporting Kabak met with Schalkes medical staff (maybe that was already our medical) and now left their training facilities.

1 Like

Maybe he just went to a covid test? Oh well…

4 Likes

I assume Klopp asked Wagner about personality, mentality etc. Especially after the spitting incident.

I have not seen much of him, Car or Botman so hard to tell. I trust our team.

2 Likes
1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but Schalke’s defensive record is one of the worst in recent times and Kabak has featured in majority of their matches?

Yes, I understand that one player can’t be responsible for all defensive issues but it’s still concerning.

3 Likes

My worries as well, although I’m more worried about the spitting incident and recurring nightmares of El-Hadji Diouf… That said, Weston McKennie is bossing it at Juventus and he also played for an underachieving Schalke side. Let’s hope Kabak’s development trajectory at Liverpool is like McKennie’s at Juventus so far.

2 Likes

One thing I would say about Kabak is that, being a RCB, it wouldn’t then rule out a summer move for Caleta-Car (a LCB) if, as it seems, we really like the player.

Feels like combined it wouldn’t break the bank either.

2 Likes

Just after the return of the Bundeslega, he spat at an apponant in Shalkes first game

2 Likes

Yep I thought that also…

2 Likes

Just realized…

In Liverpool, he might be called “Ozzy”.

Isn’t that the Scouse word for hospital? :joy: :coffin:

3 Likes
2 Likes

You’ve been listening to this guy haven’t you :joy:

3 Likes

Amas 2019 GIF by AMAs

6 Likes

I won’t belabor the point, but of all the names we’ve been linked, this is the only one I haven’t been thrilled about. But the recruitment team knows much better than I. So henceforth I will show only support for the player. :heart::red_circle:

5 Likes

Clear off the day and we’re signing guys from Venus :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes
What will Ozan Kabak be leaning on?
  • Drunk Edwards, offering out the rest of the league
  • Loads of flem
  • Klopp claiming it’s still not his decision
  • Boring bit of wall at Melw…Kirkby
  • The Countdown clock
  • Fans talking themselves round after getting excited about Caleta-Car
  • Joe Gomez and Joel Matip, arguing between themselves about something
  • Unremarkable contract table
  • The transfer window, slamming shut.

0 voters

1 Like

I like Caleta Car better but Kabak just oozes potential. He’s got a higher ceiling than Davies.

If we bring in those two I will be satisfied. They will fill the ‘warm body’ requirement for CB so we don’t need to play Hendo at the back anymore! And they also give us longterm upside. At worst we can sell them off for profit in 18 months if they aren’t seen as long term partners for VVD. In the meanwhile they definitely slot in ahead of Phillips/Williams and can be legitimate 3-4 choices next year once VVD and Gomez return to health.

1 Like

30 million for Kabab seems a bit steep.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s done. Mustafi has agreed Terms with Schalke.

And the Kabak agreement with us is loan with option (not obligation) to buy.

4 Likes