PC gaming thread

Setting up a new theater/gaming space in the basement and the fuckin receiver doesn’t fit in the new Ikea TV console I spent hundreds of dollars on.

Face Palm. Wife is having a howl at this.

My favorite PS3 game coming to PC. Probably getting the port now to promote the upcoming HBO show.

The early alpha of Rogue Trader is looking fun.

Semmy detach part of it :crazy_face:

Sorted. Pulled middle drawer out and made a shelf that fits in there without falling. Just waiting for some available time to move the gaming PC downstairs and set everything up. clean the wiring up and put a proper power bar in to tuck everything away clean.

4 Likes

Did you do a “in your face” to you wife?

I’m not that guy, nope. new couch just arrived an hour ago though. getting comfortable in here

1 Like

125 hours on Witcher 3 so far and still haven’t completed the main story or the DLC yet. Having seen the talk of the new updates, I’m thinking of picking it back up again.

3 Likes

I’ve already said that while my heart will always have Fallout 2 as the best game I’ve ever played, head says it’s The Witcher 3. I can’t begin to imagine just how many things I’ve missed in the game, it’s huge.

1 Like

I’ve never played Fallout 2 and am not sure I could go back and play it now due to it’s age although as it’s a CRPG then perhaps that might not matter so much… would you need to play Fallout 1 first ?

( I have it on steam though so may give it a spin over Christmas)

No, FO2 does reference a few things from FO1, but nothing you really need to already be aware of. FWIW I also played the second game first.

And while graphically it’s obviously a bit basic these days, gameplay wise FO2 is still absolutely playable.

1 Like

I agree with Zibby - it has aged horrendously in terms of graphics (and it never looked good in the first place, you could run it on a stove!). However, in terms of… Well, everything else, it’s an undisputed 10/10, a stone cold classic. Storytelling, character building, turn-based combat, different endings and wildly different ways to complete the game, wide range of items, the ability to recruit NPCs (we’re talking about a game released in 1998)… The story tackles everything from bigotry, xenophobia and slavery to evolution and “good & evil”, with some added humour and pop-culture references. Really, if there ever was a game deserving a reimaging, it’s this one.

1 Like

Witcher3 took me about a month of spare time, it was probably one of the better games I’ve played. Played FO4 but didn’t really fall into that slower-paced game until a few years ago. I can see how people get sucked into those immersive realms off MMORPGs, WoW and Skyrim and such. used to call them divorce games.

I played one game at a PC store about 5-6 years ago that I thought was a Metro and it looked super cool. but then I played Metro 2033 and it was miserable and dark and felt like a redux of Half Life. definitely wasn’t the one I was looking for and I’ve never figured out what it was.

Used to like games such as Hitman, Splinter Cell. anytime I’d play games like FarCry I’d turn them into assassination games where I’d scout situations and then take them down one at a time. that was the fun part to me. sniper rifle and SMG and a silenced pistol, GTG.

2 Likes

(yes, I’m quoting myself)

I think I found it last night. Tom Clancy’s “The Division” is about 6 years old. Unfortunately I found it on the PS5 so I haven’t had a chance to pick it up for PC.

1 Like

There is a second one that came out in 2019. They can be fun but a little bullet spongey at times

One thing I liked about the game immediately is you’ll take 2-3 hits and you’re dead. run&gun isn’t really a thing in this game, especially if you’re not linked up with others (which happened last night, I was on a “mission” and it matched me up with a couple others. with assistance, the game is much more interesting.

I remember doing co-op in a game called America’s Army from 20y ago. That one was a lot of fun.

1 Like

@redfanman First two Fallout games are free on Epic Games Store. No excuses now, mate!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve just claimed them.

I look forward to trying them out shortly.

It’s on sale now on the Ubisoft website. It’s one of the better multiplayer shooters out there. I have played both Division 1 and 2 and will get on the DLC with my friend. Gameplay is good but repetitive if you play alone; but New York and Washington both look great for exploring - as is the norm for Ubisoft’s games. I totally recommend getting it on sale.

1 Like

Div1 was free with PS Plus. Have10hr into it, is tough by yourself to do the missions. Really relies on multi player working together as a unit to succeed which I quite enjoy. Already getting better at using a POS console controller, much rather have mouse and KB

1 Like