PC gaming thread

I have the valhalla game and it’s good. Got a ryzen processor and got the game free. I’ve played and beaten Oddessey and that was excellent. Recommend them both. If you build up points you can get discounts on ubi games so Oddessey cost me $20

1 Like

Odyssey i picked up in a steam sale earlier this year following some recommendations from people on here. I’ve played a couple of hours so far and like it. I put it to one side because I wanted to clear some shorter games from my ever growing backlog. However, watching Valhalla has prompted me to pick it up again this weekend.

1 Like

Just a quick heads up in case anyone is interested, that Elite Dangerous will be free on Epic Store from 19 November for a week (at least in the UK).

2 Likes

The major dlc for Football Tactics & Glory finally dropped yesterday. Fleshes the base game out very nicely. I stopped playing a while ago because I knew the dlc was going to alter/add so much content of/to the vanilla experience. It’s a lot deeper now and could almost be called a new game. Recommended.

1 Like

Question for PC builders.

Anyone got a zen 3 Ryzen 5600x yet? and paired with a pcie 4x4 M2? Wanting some feedback on sppeds vs Zen 2. I’ve got a Zen 1 and its showing its age a bit. Price difference is pretty big, plus I can’t get the 5000 CPU or 980 Evo as they’re backordered.

Any good online sites outside of these for computer components? (newegg, amazon, microcenter (which is in store only and cheap) and B&H).

1 Like

Not sure if PCPartPicker will help you. After you select a component, you can try to find out which major PC store has the lowest price, plus history of the pricing. The site also allows you to select your specific country.

1 Like
8 Likes

I just saw today Epic have both Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny available to download for free for a week from 10 December.

2 Likes

Eight years after it was announced, Cyberpunk 2077 is finally out today!

Reviews indicate that it has launched in an incredibly buggy state… however, having played an hour this morning I thought it was absolutely great.

Hopefully after a few patches to get rid of the most egregious issues this could be a classic.

3 Likes

Like the vaccine, never be at the front of the queue :wink:

1 Like

I get all my gear from Ebuyer. Competitive pricing and marginally acceptable delivery. Regarding your question, I’ll have a mooch.

1 Like

I’ve been watching streams since first thing yesterday - I’m not worried about spoilers because I’m not going to be able to play it for at least another year as I wont have a gaming system powerful enough to run it until then (at the earliest).

My first thought is that most of the people complaining about the bugs were probably the same people complaining about the recent delay in releasing the game. I haven’t seen any bugs that derail’s the game - nowhere near as bad as a Bethesda release :rofl:

Looks a fun game. Not sure yet it is quite what i was hoping for, but i am still looking forward to giving it a go at some point.

Meanwhile, my game of the year is Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Probably the only game i’ve bought that was released this year but glad i did.

1 Like

Yeah, this is it. I’ve played loads of buggy games down the years and can honestly say it’s not harmed my enjoyment of them. I’ve not seen any anyway in the section I’ve already played. As long as it’s fun though I don’t think I’ll care.

2 Likes

Can I ask about your gaming rig performance? I have i7-8700, 16GB of RAM and Radeon RX580 4GB RAM. I know that RAM and GPU have been ripe for an upgrade for a while but I didn’t play many games since finishing The Witcher 3 and its expansions (a bit like watching every other midfielder after a decade of watching Stevie), so I couldn’t be bothered. Cyberpunk, Atomic Heart and anything System Shock (if these ever get properly finished) might change that, I think I’m in for a rude awakening if I try to play Cyberpunk even on 1080p.

1 Like

Man, my system is about 8 years old :joy:

I’ve got an i7-4770, 16gb RAM and an NVidia 1060 6Gb, and it runs really well, as good as Witcher 3 I would say. I’m not at highest settings, but it auto-detected everything either medium or high and it looks good.

3 Likes

Epic will give away a free game every day starting next week.

The Epic Store Holiday Sale begins on December 17.

3 Likes

Firstly, what motherboard do you have? Zen 3 series is currently only supported by B550 and X570 boards, B450 and X470 (Zen+) boards will get a one-way BIOS update in the new year (I think some ASUS & Asrock BIOS updates have already been released). Some people have managed to get Zen series boards to work with the new chips, but you need to know what you’re doing if attempting that. The higher end boards might get a new BIOS updates but I doubt it.

As for the 980 Evo, your board only supports PCI Express 3.0 NOT 4.0… Only the new B550 and X570 boards do… So, you’d be pissing money down the drain. Second, dependent on what you use your PC for i.e. just browsing, gaming, emails, music, videos, the 980 Evo would make NO difference on a B550 or x570 over say a cheaper x3 M.2 or even a 860 Evo simply because the applications don’t take advantage of the extra bandwidth…

Post your current spec, if you want some upgrade advice… Hope that helps.

Oh, and most likely next year will see non-X 5600 and other chip releases, so best to wait and see. Oh again, remember this is the LAST release for the AM4 series next year will be the new AM5 chipset…

4 Likes

Ubisoft giving away games or DLC until 18-Dec.
Today’s (2nd day) freebie is Starlink: Battle for Atlas. You’ll need an Ubisoft account.

https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-day2/en-GB
https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-day2/en-US

2 Likes

what did they give away yesterday?

Yesterday’s giveaway was Assassin’s Creed Valhalla DLC that included a Bayek outfit and Seafarer Settlement Pack.

2 Likes