Pets and All Animaltastic Debate

Finally got Jnr’s rabbits. Covid was a real pain for this as Fr Christmas sent her the bunny vouchers (and serious books) for Christmas 2019. Me being me we have a nice hutch at the side of the house and a 10m length of 6” pipe linking it to a big playpen on the front garden (no grass at the back). They’re settling in nicely and I’m turning into Johnny Morris spending hours just watching them. Beatrix Potter is a house favourite but Tinkerbell and Thumper suit these two perfectly. Personally they’re Boris and Theresa but just to piss off the mega lefties in my family on FB. So what’ve you got, why and does anybody sell bunny ear defenders?

Their sombreros arrived today. Never let your child loose on Amazon with their own bank card and spending money…

1 Like

We have got a dog/puppy :dog:. Well, actually he got us. He snuck into our house late (very late) last Thursday night. I think it’s either lost or the owner abandoned him. He definitely looks healthy for a street dog. We are keeping him for the time being. If we find a good person among our known circle, we will give him up for adoption. It will be difficult for us to raise a puppy, but we are definitely not going to give him to just anyone.

3 Likes

We adopted an American Bulldog in January. Best thing we ever did. We were always going to rescue a pooch, but we went earlier as Covid meant working from home all the time. He can be a dick from Time to time, but he was abused and we are his 4th (and final) home. He destroys nothing and is a massive softy. He’s 42kg so no small fry.

2 Likes

Call him Divock :wink:

1 Like

:joy:

I call him Dog, my daughter calls him Biscuit.

Easy to see where the creativity lies in your family.

My partner in crime.
She has some proper terrier / teenager type moods

4 Likes

6 Likes

Biscuiiiiit!

1 Like

Aww shucks

1 Like

1 Like

I have a little fox, who come to get fed every morning, and night (costs me a bloody fortune)

1 Like

More evidence that cats want to take over the human world! :sweat_smile:

Further proved on The Oatmeal’s book and follow-up article. :rofl:

We have a cat that we got as a rescue about a year and a half ago. Here he is helping our daughter with her homework

3 Likes

That’s Christmas dinner sorted.

Barsteward.

Owning a pet is an open admition that you’ve tried and failed to find love amongst your own kind :wink:

1 Like

Or you don’t get enough fluffy hugs from your own kind :wink:

So this thread is all about pets and animals? Horse = animal. Ok I get the hint. Here you go again.

2 Likes

And suddenly this thread has been elevated to a level of beauty that us mere mortals can never comprehend

2 Likes