Philippe Coutinho

I’d check his back in the medical.

3 Likes

He has had a few years to think about it. And heal his back… Medical… No problem

Hope he passes his medical at any club bar Liverpool if and when that bad back is mended. Had a few years on the bench to rest it though so should pass

1 Like

Its up to Klopp. If he is ok with it. And coming back for cheap and pay cut. To replace players like Shaqiri on bench. Then I’m fine with it.

This is a business. Some people react like their wives/ husband left them.

3 Likes

You might be surprised its actually the other way. The bitterness is because they are still married to the same wife/husband.

Anyway, I would not welcome him back. Klopp wants him, fine but he would just be a player for Liverpool FC, would support him when he is here, but would not really care if ends his career as a chiropractor for back problems.

3 Likes

Fair enough.

I have the same feelings about Kuyt, when he played for us I supported him but I already knew what a big … he is. I just hope he never gets a job in managing with us so I don’t have to support him again. :thinking:

“Dutch” grinding the blunt nib of his well worn axe. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t get the Kuyt hate. He worked really hard and was nice.

3 Likes

I liked Dirk too, although always wished he had some pace. I think it’s his pugnaciousness that may rub ppl up the wrong way. And I’m not too sure he’s done v well since retiring. Still, you would never doubt his commitment on the pitch and his Hattrick v ManU was one of my favourite memories at the end of a very dark period

1 Like

@Dutch is the President of the ‘Dirk Kuyt haters Club’ - should be known by now :grimacing:

Didn’t know that, so who does he hate more Adrian or Kuyt? :wink:

1 Like

Gini Wijnaldum

@Flobs is already the President of that club

2 Likes

He’s not I don’t think. Doesn’t make sense either football wise or financial wise or anything wise. He’s finished here, he wouldn’t want to be a rotation player here and we probably wouldn’t pay him the sort of money it would command to do that.

He’s not needed anymore, we have a lot of players in his position(s), which is either from the left side of attack (Mane, Jota), or LCM, which he played about half of the time of his last half-season in 17/18 before leaving.

Needs to go somewhere where there’s room (and willingness, way of football) for a protagonist type of player in his playing zone. He can be very good if he’s allowed that. But there might not be a lot of room for that across top sides, so he may have to drop a level, too. Who knows, we’ll see.

3 Likes

I wonder what went wrong with him. Barcelona were desperate to sign him; then after just 18 months, they have been trying to move him.

1 Like

I’d take him back!

My first statement of signing him for £20m and him taking £100k a week was tongue in cheek… Because there was no way he would accept that anyway… So it’s really a non starter for me. And it won’t happen.

But it’s curious how so many people are opposed to even that. As a super sub option. I saw bayern use him that way with great effectiveness.

But anyways like I said it won’t happen.

2 Likes

He was there long term Iniesta target and when they lost Neymar they panicked and bought Dembele and Coutinho to replace him, neither of which are really like Neymar. Not that Coutinho is really like Iniesta either but there was more potential for that. When neither Dembele or Coutinho replicated what Neymar did (and with Suarez and Messi getting older too) it quickly became toxic with them being viewed as flops. They’re good players you just need to use them right. Barca just have some of the most fucked up transfer activity/planning around these days. Which is weird because at one point they were the best at it amongst the big clubs.

2 Likes

Not even close, I don’t hate Adrian at all, he is not good enough but no hate from me for him

4 Likes