Post Match: Ajax v Liverpool (UCL 21/10/20 8pm)

Brilliant result. But you’d have to be a masochist to have enjoyed that. Players spent more time out of position than in it. I don’t think it’s an understatement to say that the first half midfield underwhelmed as much in real life as it did when we saw it on the starting lineup team sheet. Thank you Hendo for bringing them back from the dead! Weirdly we controlled the late match much better than we usually do with a slender lead which was nice.

Fab my motm. I’m not going to rub myself blue over it, because he and Gomez were still all over the place, especially with holding the line and playing attackers onside, but enough to work with, linked up nicely with midfield and the forwards, and that goal line clearance.

Onto the next game and try to build on that.

Ps- its like VVD had died with the repetitive mentioning by the commentators. He’s got an injury. Move the fuck on! We’ll find a way to deal with his absence. You should too Martin Fucking Manc Tyler.

2 Likes

James Milner can kill two stones with one bird.

17 Likes

Water is wet. Any other astute observations you’ve got for us Scott?

12 Likes

You’ve morphed the Charlton brothers there. But why exactly?

1 Like

Well done boys, always good to start the campaign with a win. Clean sheet as well. Players got rotated to keep everyone fresh, and a big shout to our new “fabulous” defender Fab.

I hope Sadio isn’t serious injured, we really don’t need that.

5 Likes

Think people are being too kind to Adrian because he made some saves, as he should. He made at least three errors that I spotted that nearly led to goals. I know there’s a confidence thing there, but he’s just not good enough to start for us, sorry.

That said, very mature performance from the boys. Fabinho is a class act. He’s been one of our players of the season so far and could become a real lynchpin. Milner and Hendo were good at killing the game, although I suspect we’ll need Thiago’s dynamism and creativity in the coming PL games. Jota bright when he came on, too.

Ajax unlucky with some chances, but so were we I suppose. Clean sheet in a difficult place. Will take it!

8 Likes

YAHOO!
We can still do it on a wet wednesday night in Stoke!

Erm that wasn’t Stoke

I’ll take 50 more of those games.

3 Likes

Gave you a like for effort, didn’t read it though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Shush we weren’t supposed to tell anybody about the conspiracy theory

I don’t think anyone ever does.

4 Likes

It’s what was needed after the week, the injuries bar VVD seem to be none too serious and Alisson is hopefully back soon as well.

Didn’t see it so I can’t comment but the result is all that matters what with the juggling.

2 Likes

I agree Tyler is what you said, but he wasn’t commentating tonight.

they got in us too easily in the first half, and the only individual standout was fabinho but imo that was a good performance

i didn’t realize that UEFA had kept the 5 subs until klopp pulled the front 3 (because i’d tuned the phenomenally wank martin tyler out). i’m glad that shaqiri’s here & got the opportunity, given those circumstances

gomez was ok, trent was subpar, robertson’s delivery was shit until the last half hour, adrian was and is a disaster

1 Like

Is Fab Fabhino’s better half?

4 Likes

CL win, Mrs SBYM bought me some cans this afternoon, and a Freddie Mercury doco is on the telly.

Good night.

4 Likes

That’s why he’s the backup

1 Like

Ye…this is Trent’s longest spell as the invisible man since he broke into the team.

Someone please fix.

12 Likes

Thank goodness, we got a much needed win tonight at a difficult place. I would take a scrappy 1-0 anytime right now. We got away 3 points and that is all that matters.

This win will lift the spirits of the team after the that Derby last week.

11 Likes