Post match: Ajax v Liverpool (UCL 26/10/22 8pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Roberto FIRMINO
  • Darwin NUNEZ
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Curtis JONES
  • Fabio CARVALHO
  • James MILNER
  • Stefan BAJCETIC
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS

0 voters

2 Likes

Unused subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Konate, Ramsey, Phillips

:arrows_counterclockwise: 63’ Curtis JONES :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Darwin NUNEZ

:arrows_counterclockwise: 71’ Fabio CARVALHO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Harvey ELLIOTT

:arrows_counterclockwise: 71’ James MILNER :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Jordan HENDERSON

:arrows_counterclockwise: 71’ Stefan BAJCETIC :arrow_right: :arrow_left: FABINHO

:arrows_counterclockwise: 87’ Kostas TSIMIKAS :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Andrew ROBERTSON

:soccer: 42’ Mohamed SALAH (Assist Jordan HENDERSON)

:soccer: 49’ Darwin NUNEZ (Andrew ROBERTSON)

:soccer: 52’ Harvey ELLIOTT (Mohamed SALAH)

12 Likes

Turned into an excellent routine away win after a poor first 30 minutes where we more than road our luck!

Not sure the initial instructions but once we got the fullbacks forward, strung some passes together we got a foothold and didn’t look back.

Some great goals, no injuries and players getting rested/minutes.

An all round very very good night.

4 Likes

MOTM: @The-AllMightyReds

For maintaining his standards for the full ninety minutes.

8 Likes

Professional, soaked up the pressure started to come on top after 20 and got the goal before half time and then basically finished them off in the 7 minutes after.

Rest of the game defended well and rested a few, I think Hendo should be fine that’s the only concern.

Oh and I loved Nunez being fouled and yet placed the header perfectly.

Missed the first 20 so probably my fault :wink:

3 Likes

Some terrible football, then some good football.

Hopefully no new injury knocks appear and we can improve at the weekend.

1 Like

Whats annoying is that this game certainly appeared to been prioritised over Saturday.

I though Robbo was head and shoulders man of the match. It’s not a slight of Kostas, but we look so much better with Andy there.

2 Likes

Beat Napoli by 4 at home and we top the group… but we are through no matter what and that is by far the most important thing. Just need to play well 4 times to win the big trophy and this team is still capable of that even if it is struggling to play to standards with any consistency.

3 Likes

Ajax dominated first half and were behind 0-1. Liverpool dominated second half and finished the game 0-3. Motm was Harvey for me.
Hassle every minute he was on and scored a fantastic goal.

2 Likes

He’s out of his depth at this level mate. Keep up :rofl:

1 Like

Ajax… gone. Juve…gone. Barca…gone. Athleti…gone. Sevilla…gone.
The Reds…not gone.

12 Likes

Never in doubt, they needed to win and only managed one shot on target all night. Very professional performance from us and won easy. Great to see the young players come in and still we control. We can now rest players next week. Onwards and upwards.

3 Likes

Why should we not be playing a full strength side for this.

Potentially have Thiago and Konate back for that, got rest in Nunez, Elliott and Hendo.

Though probably should have been all off 10 mins early but fine with this side.

2 Likes

Not perfect but good enough. We had good intensity and our pressing a bit more coordinated. Passing was a bit off but in the end good enough.

1 Like

Sadio will be coming back to Anfield (when the draw gets made)

Probably get Porto again.

8 Likes