Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 16/3/22 8.15pm)

Merson looks like an old bin man sat in a corner…shut up…

3 Likes

Honestly mate…i can’t fucking stand the prick.
Hates us.

4 Likes

:rofl:

16 Likes

Ali’s save should be on this reel

4 Likes

Not a proper winning side that won 2-0?

Anyhow couldn’t watch I’ve been hit hard by I think food poisoning (not my cooking). My mum is also in hospital so just didn’t feel like I could get up to be honest.

Glad we won and hopefully be more up for our next game.

12 Likes

Very decent effort by Bobby tonight to get to that level after a while out, the iridescent toothed lunatic.

5 Likes

Brendan was bigging Ramsdale up after their game on Sunday. Saying he was the best English keeper. I hoped at the time that he’d jinxed him. It seems he had.

11 Likes

Merson can’t seem to understand that IT IS in our hands. Souness attempted to explain if Liverpool win all their games, they win the league.
Merson’s response “no it isn’t, no it isn’t “. What a thick twat!

4 Likes

Everyone got their JK press conference bingo cards ready??

1 Like

He was stood near our goal line at one point in the second half. :nerd_face:

In fairness Merson is one thick cunt.:+1:

6 Likes

Thiago on his Lacazette back-pass and Jota assist:

“Yes, that’s why I don’t understand why I wasn’t man of the match, I gave two assists.”

:joy::joy::joy:

12 Likes

Well that was definitely worth getting up at 5:00 for. I don’t want to say we look unbeatable because obviously in the first half we did look like we could be beaten. But then when do ever concede a goal in the first half? Hardly ever, and Jurgen’s half-time ‘pep-talks’ usually see us get the job done in the second half.

Hope to see that pattern repeated at the Emptyhad.

5 Likes

‘We just need to keep going’

FT: Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp to BBC MOTD: "Indeed, it is [big three points]. Coming here and winning gaainst rsenal is already but winning the game like it was - more special. We started really well then it became an open game. Both teams were patient and our possession was not as good. We had too many on the wrong side of the ball. We need to find moments to pass the ball through. They had spells as well and we had to work hard. We wanted to improve in the second half. We defended higher in the second half and was much more front-footed. In that moment the whole game changed really.

"Really happy for [Roberto Firmino]. Unfortunately he got a yellow card for celebrating and there were so many tackles that I was like ‘omg’ and it was a bit nervy! But I understand why he did it.

“Mo Salah said he was fine but you still need to try him in training and we had a full session with the other boys so we stuck to that. It was clear he would come on. He was very lively and kept Kieran Tierney quiet. That helped Trent Alexander-Arnold, who was exceptional. Gabriel Martinelli, you need two at least. Sensational game for Andy Robertson too.”

On Thiago’s mistake: “It can happen but it should not. Thiago knows that! He is probably the most relieved person! Alisson saved his [bottom] pretty much. They could have punished us. Of course we could be 1-0 down then Diogo [Jota] scores and we go 1-0 so that’s a big moment, absolutely.”

On the title race: “I’m very excited about and the team and the situation we are in but that does not change everything. We just need to keep going. I saw a hard-working team in the first half and in the second half we enjoyed it more and that was when we really stepped up. We really want to enjoy the situation we are in by winning football matches. It’s tough. We keep the right mindset for it.”

13 Likes

Merson is the dumbest pundit going and has been for years.

More importantly, chuffed with that result. Felt we were sloppy in possession first half and our tempo wasn’t quite there, but Arsenal rarely actually threatened for all their supposed dominance. V professional performance second half.

Only slight downside was how often Martinelli seemed to get the better of Trent, but he did recover towards the end.

7 Likes

Had to turn it off. What’s he saying?

Is that what he actually said? :thinking:

1 Like

Hahaha…JK issuing threats to Trent haters on Sky.

He’ll have to knock out 90% of the Caf.

8 Likes

Chasing down city like

booty GIF

4 Likes

Get well soon Matey. Hope your Mum is home soon as well. Take it easy. Hope the win has cheered you up a bit. YNWA :nerd_face:

12 Likes