Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 16/3/22 8.15pm)

Hope your mum is okay.
:crossed_fingers:t3::pray:t3:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Not sure, never seen the interview myself… just reading the post match reports from all corners and come across the statement

1 Like

Thought Thiago was very poor overall. Lost possession a lot and tackling was erratic.

1 Like

Both today’s and last Saturday’s game against Brighton you could see how well Liverpool manage games. Tonight was a masterclass in controlling the game first half and picking up the pace in the second. Clever substitutions just at the right time. We have moved on since the early days of Klopp and and evolved into an outstanding team with a heady mix of intelligence and skill. No one will want to play us in this form.

3 Likes

On Sky…Did you reconsider bringing Jota off after he scored??

Dude…

Cmon…

3 Likes

Posted at 22:3922:39

‘It’s better to be one point behind than 14’

FT: Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool

Liverpool

More from Jurgen Klopp to Sky Sports: "Two top class teams met each other, both with a football idea, both trying to be dominant in possession. If you don’t close the centre properly the ball is in the last line. There were also four or five offside situations that weren’t whistled. It’s really tricky, it’s a delay that doesn’t help to be honest.

"We’ve obviously had a good period. It’s what we need. We’re one point [behind Man City], but it’s still the same. We have to win football matches. We then face City, then all the others. Hopefully all the players come back fit from international duty. Then we have an early kick-off against Watford. It’s better to be one point behind than 14 points.

"The only thing I’m really interested in is how we can prepare for the next game, how we can get through this. It’s so difficult – I think it’s game number 13 since we met Arsenal in the Carabao Cup. For them it’s seven – that’s six more games for us. We don’t complain about it, we wanted it like this. Let’s see how it goes.

“In ten years, do you think somebody will say you should be proud [of finishing second by one point]? Probably not. We know we have a special group here and we’re trying to squeeze everything we can out of the situation.”

12 Likes

He was saying, write Man City off at your peril, when nobody is. Then couldn’t accept that the title is in Liverpool’s hands, if we win all our games. He was losing it a bit.

2 Likes

Dear Herr Klopp,

Not sure what you said at halftime…but thank you for saying it.

Dear Senhor Becker,

Thank you/ Muito obrigado!

3 points

No goals conceded.

Job done.

Next?

YNWA

2 Likes

The rascal.

1 Like

Posted at 22:3722:37

‘I’ll knock them down!’

FT: Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports: "Obviously both teams had spells of possession where the other team was patient and didn’t want to step out, but we had to. Trent [Alexander-Arnold] did exceptionally well against Gabriel Martinelli. If anybody tells me Trent can’t defend, I’ll knock them down. I don’t know what the boy has to do anymore.

"In the first half we didn’t have enough players between the lines. The movement was not exactly what it should have been. It was not a big problem because we were prepared for a really difficult game. The speed Arsenal have and their physicality – they’re a really talented team, so I wasn’t angry at half-time. I just wanted to change a few things.

“It was a sensational save from Alisson [before the opener]. For me it was a goal, to be honest. With their quality, they often finish situations like that. Ali didn’t let it happen. When you always try to find a football solution like Thiago - I would have kicked the ball into the stand probably. He tried to keep it in the game.”

6 Likes

After they sack him they should turn to someone cool, calm and collected. A voice of reason in a world of ranting loons.

I suggest Peaches

7 Likes

Well, you really had to see it.

Its the eyes…watch Ali’s eyes…he follows the ball…that was never going in…

1 Like

Oh heck…drink.boiled water…get well soon…both mum and you…

1 Like

Surprised they had him on for such a high profile match.

1 Like

Thank you Redmen for that second half performance. Two great goals and enough to see off an irritating Arsenal side that never looked like scoring.

Would like to see us starting games a little more positively but maybe Klopp knows best…as always!!

Fuck yes. One point. One.

Glorious win this. Arsenal were good, we were just a bit better. Even in the first half, when we’re not great with the ball in terms of movement and creating space, it’s all pretty much under control the entire half.

Then we get the goal and make the changes, and I thought we subbed ourselves better. Getting Firmino in between the lines and Salah threatening more in behind, I thought that double sub did the trick for us, like things clicked into place.

7 Likes

True…that pass though…!!

Amazing result tonight!

Jota being poor since coming back from the injury but finding a moment of class to start the run, receive Thiago’s classy pass and finish off like this!!!
And Bobby coming in with a statement, that Kung-Fu press, Ramsdale was left scared shitless, and then the goal, typical Bobby, both the press and the finish.

Robbo great today in my book, especially defensively, and full of energy, and Klopp doing everything right at the break, sending Hendo to help Trent and probably having a word with Trent too, who managed to handle Martinelli better on a few occasions (minus the one where Martinelli beat both Trent and Hendo, but it was a rare occasion compared to the first half).

Alisson with another world class act, so many games could have been different without him.

And Matip is tremendous this season.

Amazing result, and will hopefully inject the team with even more belief!
A good draw for the CL Quarterfinals tomorrow, and the job at Nottingham on Sunday, and we go strong!

2 Likes

That was a good win, and a hard choice for MoM. I thought Becker, Robertson, Matip, and Fabinho all had rock-solid cases for a vote. As for Arsenal, fun as it is to make fun of them, that is the most focused Arsenal side we have seen since Wenger, and not his last few years either. They can’t sustain it for 90 minutes, but they are clearly headed in the right direction. Going into the Emirates and taking away 3 points is a serious obstacle crossed.

My favourite moment of the match though is a ‘bad old’ Arsenal passage of play. Watch the entire (wild) sequence that led to the second goal. Ball going all over the place, tackles flying, takeaway, then takeaway, then takeaway again leading to Roberston’s assist and Firmino’s elegant touch-in. Brilliant, stirring stuff.

Now watch it again. Ignore the ball. Just watch what Xhaka does…almost nothing. Strolls his way around the other side of the box, watching it all unfold.

10 Likes