Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 3/4/21 8pm)

wow wow wow. this was a great performance and Fabinho is the fulcrum and the base that allows to go forward .
all in all everybody was very good today but fabinho and the back 2 were exceptional .
firmino needs to step up his game , passing and counter press needs to be much better .
3 vital points cant wait to go after royal Madrid

2 Likes

Jota man of the match, excellence all over the pitch, they were absolute garbage and we eventually punished them.

3 Likes

Noticed Klopp having a good chat with Ødegaard at the end as well. That made me smile.

Great performance all round. Loved it.

2 Likes

And he’s a Liverpool fan. Sticking a tenner on him joining us this summer.

3 Likes

Great result, not perfect but we showed sharpness, resolve and controlled the majority of the game.
People may moan that we could have scored more/been more clinical but I believe we should look at it as baby steps.
Its going to be a strong ask but we are very capable of a top 4 finish and a successful CL campaign :+1:t2:

2 Likes

It was amazing the difference in intensity when Jota came on. Cannot say enough positive about what he brings to our side. What a player. The power in which he took his headed goal was pure savagery.

Mane is cursed at the moment. He’s at his best when he’s on the move and he’s been doing that thing where he stops his dribble, trying to create from a dead stop and it makes him really easy to defend.

Fab is legitimately the best defensive/holding/whatever you want to call it midfielder in all of world football at the moment. As the kids these days say, he is a beast.

I really do think Bobby is better suited to playing a midfield role, at this point in his career. He’s incredible at retaining and recycling the ball. I couldn’t tell if we switched to a 442 when Jota came on which dropped Bobby back deeper but IMO right now that’s where his strengths are.

Not much else to add that hasn’t been said in this thread. Really impressive performance from everyone. Really proud of these boys and it feels amazing when our boys win. I’m going to watch it again right now.

12 Likes

I think Klopp got it spot on last night. Keeping Gini on the bench until late when he was useful in keeping posession. But we needed greater directness with our attack which he would have slowed down… so I’m pretty glad we didn’t start with him.

Also a great substitution bringing Jota in and having Firmino drop back on more occasions. I think Firmino in an interchanging role with Jota created chaos and I’d be interested in seeing that more often.

4 Likes

Thiago and Fabinho linked up really well I thought in midfield. I thought we would score but I expected it to be 1-0 the performance was ten times better, Arsenal were poor but they couldn’t make it out of their half we to a certain extent made them look that poor, every time I looked down at my phone to check whatsapp after an attack had fizzled out I’d look up and we would have the ball again.

2 Likes

“ A handsome 0-3 victory with no penalties nor questionable decisions. Attacking football creating genuine chances that the front guys put away with aplomb. Really is time we shook off the malaise and started to win. And win well.”

Getting pretty good at this prediction stuff :slight_smile: Loved the fact that Jota only had one thing in mind for the second. No do you mind if I do? Just twatted it in with zero fucks given. Most excellent.

5 Likes

How nice was it to experience a football match without VAR.

3 Likes

Agreed with this. I’m married with two kids, and I’m finding it really confusing.

5 Likes

Jota is quite simply electric. He keeps this up, he becomes one of the most lethal strikers in the world. Before he came on, it didn’t look like we would score. Once he did, it didn’t look like we would stop.

Fabinho and TAA were in a nutshell dominating. The former destroyed every Arsenal attempt to break out, the latter was pinging passes all over the pitch whenever and wherever he wanted. Brilliant assist for the opener.

Kabak and Thiago seem to have gone under the radar but both were excellent. Kabak settled and calm with good passing and positioning. He dealt with his opponents effortlessly. Thiago put on a show. His most complete performance up to date. His first touch was ridiculously good and along with Fabinho totally controlled the midfield.

6 Likes

He still committed his trademark early needless foul, though. Twatkinson would have booked him, without doubt.

3 Likes

I honestly can’t fault any player last night.

Thought everybody played well.

1 Like

Great defensive effort from Fabs Nat and Ozan.
Good that Jota came on otherwise it might have ended stale.
Goody good got a win!
Arsenal are really very shit!

7 Likes

Thought we were excellent. Never let them get going.
Such a difference with Fab in middle that’s why I gave him MoM.
If we really are back then Only united away is a potential banana skin. We should win all the remaining games.

6 Likes

We won the ball back and hemmed them in. Combination of Fab and 2 proper CB. I have to say I liked Kabak. For his age he is starting to look solid.

I cannot remember the last comfortable win. I did not know what to do for the last few mins. Usually biting nails, drinking….,

Loved it.

5 Likes

That was the worst Arsenal side I’ve ever seen.
I didn’t know what to expect after an international break. Usually we struggle in such situations.
We totally bossed the game, top performance, motm Fab, both CBs, Trend and Diogo outstanding.
Long may that continue.

4 Likes

Excellent performance. No one below par. CBs looking good and of course Jota really putting the icing on the cake.If we can put in a similar showing on Tuesday we will beat Real Madrid.

4 Likes

CL win & top 4 double.

3 Likes