Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 4/1/24 4.30pm)

Player of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Alexis MAC ALLISTER
  • Curtis JONES
  • Ryan GRAVENBERCH
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Darwin NUŃEZ
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
0 voters

Unused subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Clark, McConnell, Quansah

:arrows_counterclockwise: 58’ Darwin NUNEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Cody GAKPO

:arrows_counterclockwise: 58’ Andy ROBERTSON :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD

:arrows_counterclockwise: 58’ Harvey ELLIOTT :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Ryan GRAVENBERCH

:arrows_counterclockwise: 85’ Thiago ALCANTARA :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Joe GOMEZ

We go again.

9 Likes

Fuck SAKE

sighs

Fuck Arteta and Arsenal

Edit: not one player for us showed up

3 Likes

We didn’t play to the principles of our last few games, no intensity, no press, half hearted in what we wanted to do

6 Likes

Arteta is a serious embarrassment. Almost like that shit punk at school.

3 Likes

Did not deserve anything tonight but maybe without the individual mistakes we steal a point here.

Shit performance by the ref too.

10 Likes

Two awful goals to concede, but we deserved nothing from that game. Arsenal were much the better side.

Konate’s second yellow was perhaps soft but it looked a foul to me and positioning makes it a yellow.

I hate how so many teams are so cynical, diving, complaining, cheating the ref. Really takes the joy out of football for me.

Edit: three. Forgot how easy their first goal was. Less of an error than the other two but still poor.

4 Likes

Pressing isn’t independent from possession, it’s a continuation of that phase. Today we struggled with the ball (largely due to arsenal’s shape and good application of their game plan) and that meant there wasn’t the platform to press them effectively.

Fortuitous to get back in the game, and 1-1 would’ve been a great result. Allison had a mare in the second half. Summed up in the 97th minute when he stretched to save Trossard from getting yellow card for kicking the ball away and prevent any added extra few seconds to boot.

Ali and Virg have saved us so many times. No recriminations needed. Line in the sand and go again :muscle:

12 Likes

Arsenal were the better side on the day.

Players are coming back and there is still a lot of football to play. Endo and Thiago will be available next week Szoboszlai perhaps too and Salah is on his way.

Keep the fait :+1:

7 Likes

No

Fully agree. It is still in our hands though, and with a fully fit squad, we can believe. Hoping Dom, and Mo are back soon!

Firstly, it wasn’t Van Dijk’s error. It was Alisson. If you are a centre back and your Goalkeeper comes out like that, you expect him to deal with it. Absolute howler, and then his reactions for the third aren’t great.

I hope we appeal the card, because I do not understand what Konate is supposed to do there. He can’t disappear. The Arsenal player literally runs into him. Salina then literally drags Darwin to the ground and gets nothing. No wonder Darwin was pissed.

Anyway, just move on. Arsenal are behaving as if they have won the league. They haven’t. They won’t. We will.

9 Likes

we will be fine… dont know why folks are being so hysterical…

4 Likes