Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 4/1/24 4.30pm)

It’s the inconsistency, same foul by Gabriel on Darwin, no foul, Konate foul and yellow. Shit by Taylor

3 Likes

I agree, I think they were both yellows.

2 Likes

Not with the number of players still around the ball. Don’t know what Konate is supposed to do really.

Half-assed performance. Some players thought that they could win this match by simply walking on the pitch. Some developed a big head since the last match.
A necessary return to Earth and a deserved win for the opposition.

1 Like

Exactly!! Darwin got booked for being fouled in the same way

Yes

He got pushed off the ball like he was a feather. He knew his job was to protect his goalkeeper coming out and he didn’t!

Shit today bar Diaz. No complaints. We didnt turn up
Adantage City.

1 Like

Honestly, that’s bullshit. We came up against a good team, had players missing in key positions, and made some mistakes.

4 Likes

We still had many phases where we had possession high, lost it and there was no organised press

Sadly think that marks it, injuries will catch up with us and going on all 4 fronts is simply not possible.

Half expected it and I’m not sure why we let Martenelli have the game he wanted.

2 Likes

instead of mourning, folks should be very excited with the players we have coming back… going to be an awesome 2nd part of the season…

2 Likes

Dont think you can appeal yellows???

missed Dom so much in the middle

4 Likes

Too much overthinking by the management I feel. Trent playing the whole first half as an orthodox right back, but not getting the link up with Gravenbach, meaning that he was cut out from the play out from the back.

Second half we started better. Slotting Trent alongside Alexis for me would’ve been a better choice though when the subs were made.

Konate both times could’ve prevented the yellow by either letting go earlier (first yellow) or not raising his arm for the second. Apart from those two situations, he mopped up the right side really well. Only misses one game at least.

The mix up was unfortunate. Can see what VVD was doing, but can’t give a goal away like that. We need to get back to winning ways again. Win all the games before facing Man City.

Don’t think either was a yellow, but we didn’t even get a foul

Bad game, Arsenal were clearly the better side.we didn’t reach our normal standard. Terrible first half all around, better in the second half. Individual errors cost us in the end.

3 Likes

Exactly this

We didnt expect to be having the season we are so enjoy it.

We were shit today. It happens. Not often but it happens.

4 Likes

Arsenal deserved it. They did a number on us with counter pressing etc.

We looked sluggish, unimaginative and one dimensional in our build up play. Kind of reminded me of last season. Two howlers from Ali - really don’t blame Virgil for that mix up tbh. Silly yellow cards from Ibou, who ruined an otherwise decent performance.

Only players that stood out: Mac, who played the Trent quarterback role better than Trent who was listless (and seemed to have been asked not to drift in so much); and Luis, who ran his socks off but got lucky with the goal.

Gutting but not the end of the world. Winnable fixtures now for a few weeks that we should breeze through. The home game v City is huge now, though.

5 Likes

South American grinta, difference between a Diaz and a Gakpo