Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 4/1/24 4.30pm)

Was that the worst game Alisson has ever had for us. He’s usually so consistent it’s difficult to think of another one. At least he will bounce back.

The problem is that with Mr Reliable misfiring no one really made much of an impact. Mac was reasonable in Midfield and Diaz was busy.

Even Klopp looked subdued for much of the match.

We need to put this behind us and move on.

1 Like

If you’re aiming for the league, I expect all the players to put a decent performance. Such was not the case today. Too many mistakes across the board.

1 Like

We played like we’d been in a brothel hours before and feasted on a buffet to recover. Truly awful stuff, given how composed we looked a month ago. The only changes in the line-up from the FA Cup win there was Quansah, Elliott, and Nunez started that game, and were on the bench in this one.

A week to rest and sort ourselves out for the run in.

I disagree. If your a CB and you expect your keeper to deal with a ball, the better option is to deal with it yourself. If you know your keeper will deal with it, then it is fine to leave it for them.

Could you ever see Thommo or Hanson leaving a ball because they expected Grobbelaar to deal with it? Would Terry or Rio? No, they would deal with it themselves

Game plan wasn’t working from the start.
Be it with players from first half or second half: we didn’t create any good chances and we were mainly left with lots of corners that we couldn’t do anything with and MacAlister who kept shooting from distance…

We gifted them this victory. Now we also have to play without konate

1 Like

The problem with the second Konate yellow was that he was the last line. For Darwin, the ref loved dishing a yellow for the reaction.

Just once before I die I’d like to see us lose a game where it’s not 90 minutes of absolute fucking nonsense and bullshit.

I despise Arteta almost as much as I despise that other Spanish cunt.

6 Likes

I think you are right in general, but I think it doesn’t change the way we have entered the game. There just wasn’t any intensity, we let a lot of room when not in possession…

Arsenal gifted us one goal in the first half and in the second we decided to outdo them and gift them two. Just about the only thing we did better than them. Otherwise, no intensity, no composure, no organisation and sloppiness both in and out of possession.

Unexpectedly and alarmingly bad showing, perhaps the worst of the season. Hopefully, that’s not the kind of performances coming in February.

4 Likes

Deserved win for Arsenal, we never really got going. Never troubled Raya once.

Some very disappointing performances out there, we were on top before the trio came on but you can’t really account for individual howlers.

Next game can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes

If Klopp was out the techincal area as much as lego man, he’d be banned for life by now.

5 Likes

Also if Bradley is back next game, please start him. Same goes for Dom.

3 Likes

Virgil could have headed it clear, but after choosing not he still had the situation under control. once he saw Ali flying out he needed to get out of the way, which he tried to do. Ali then kicked Virgil and missed the ball. If Ali doesn’t come Virgil continues on as he was and probably knocks it abck to Ali

3 Likes

And do we really have to gift these at least one goal EVERY fucking time we play them?

1 Like

No - you always defer to your keeper. Especially if your keeper is charging out shouting ‘KEEPERS!!!’

2 Likes

I have only talked about it in comparison with Konate’s 1st card, a foul was given but Darwin didn’t even get a foul, that is the inconsistency that I am talking about

I’ve missed that nonchalant flick from Thiago that puts us into trouble. Good to see it back.

3 Likes

Its dreadful inconsistency.
The two fouls are two yellows, or neither are yellows.
Its the same thing?

Taylor finished the game with the red card.

2 Likes

We struggled with long hoof balls. Konate with the first yellow as he panicked when dealing with the high ball with Kai fucking Havertz of all people.

Then the mix up of mix ups.

Those were the main two, but there were other situations when a long ball from Raya or the defender caused more problmes then it really should.

I’m done with Trent at full back. He doesn’t do the basic defending, and he never will. Bradley and Gomez for that position now.

5 Likes