Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 4/1/24 4.30pm)

Save them for May 2025 mate!

That will be for the entire squad, not just him

1 Like

I did not enjoy his performance yesterday. There is one thing not playing well, but another to look disinterested.

To me he had the look of a lad who thought if he was a liability defensively, then the boss would eventually have to bite the bullet and play him in midfield.

But then after the game Klopp confirmed he is still carrying an injury so that might have something to do with it.

Either way, I’m certain Bradley would have started yesterday had it not been for his bereavement.

2 Likes

I think Lahm was nearly thirty when he moved into midfield?

Anyway, a new manager represents a new start for lots of these issues. As does the emergence of Conor Bradley.

I wouldn’t be surprised if after Klopp we end up with a double pivot of Trent and Alexis.

3 Likes

I thougt we were as bad as Chelsea on Wednesday at Anfield.
It must have to do with the colour of our shirts…

As well as Connor has done in the games he’s played this season, are people thinking he will automatically become 1st choice not putting too much pressure and expectation on him?

Do you honestly think an 18/19yo academy graduate will come into the squad and push the current Vice Captain into a new position that he hasn’t played in for coming upto 10 years?

2 Likes

I think the whole ground singing his name probably pissed him right off.

It is up to the VC to decide if he wants to up his work-rate and challenge bradley for the RB or show Klopp & the future manager that he should be the starting CM over so many people.

Based on the form of Bradley, it will be tough for him to displace Bradley at RB.

Just looking at the stats, TAA has played 20 league games, scored 2 goals and 3 Assists so far. Conor Bradley has played 2 league matches, scored 1 and assisted 3.

Do you know how bad it looks for TAA now??

That will be up to the new Manager.

I remember a few years ago where we had a really strong first half of the season, and we practically played all the best teams in the league away and we were well set. Needless to say we dropped silly points here and there at home which undone a lot of our good work.

I agree that we have got over some of our harder fixtures. More than most of our rivals this season. But that doesn’t mean we can lock anything in.

The very best we can do is go one game at a time, trying to minimise each opponent’s strengths while trying to play to ours.

1 Like

Imagine calling Alexander-Arnold “Another Gerrard in the making” and meaning that as a negative.

8 Likes

Hope he does, but before that happens I’d love nothing more than to see Bradley build on that performance v Chelsea and give himself a better chance to do so.

You can’t ignore a performance like he showed at Chelsea, it’s up there as the best individual display of any player this season.

As far as Trent goes, wouldn’t mind seeing him in midfield with Mac and Szobo at all. I can see how effective a Robbo Trent Diaz link up works in my mind already.

It’s disappointing that we hand over the lead to Cheaty, at least potentially, but oh well… Arsenal away was one of the tough fixtures of the season, and so it proved, especially with a performance which wasn’t at 100% on our side.

The reaction to this defeat will be the most important thing now. I’m sure that Kloppo will remotivate his troops for the next match and that they will show a reaction against Burnley.

7 Likes

Anointing Bradley as the starting RB after 2 PL appearances is a bit premature if not outright absurd.

The last thing Bradley needs is fans weighing him down with unrealistic expectations. Let him progress at his own pace.

3 Likes

We’ll get back to winning ways and will have to go on quite a run for what was unthinkable at the beginning of this season to happen.
Let us not forget what happened in the summer and that we have overperformed so far. Losing at Arsenal leaves a sour taste, especially with the manner and the moment we handed them the 2-1 lead.

All this being said losing (hypothetically) the first spot to cheaty is a blow, but let it still be said that everything is still in our hands.

I think it is more of fans wanting TAA to have the same desire as Conor Bradley when he is defending and surging down the right to create width.

For a young upstart like Bradley who was playing in League 1 last season to post in nearly equal goal contributions over 10 times lesser the gametime, it really says a lot on TAA and his attitude in the game or even training.

Last season, we had a Captain that loves to talk on the pitch but doesn’t walk the talk which is eerily similar to what’s happening to TAA now. Do we really want this kind of attitude in this pivotal season?

Trent made his debut for the first team at 18,Bradley is 2.5 years older than that.He is better defensively than Trent and offers a threat in attack,put him in and see how he performs for the remainder of the season.It might encourage Trent to up his game defensively while still bringing what he does offensively.

1 Like

He has about 15 games left to prove that. But I got a sneaky suspicion before the EFL cup final, we will know whether TAA has taken a rocket up his arse by having a good competitor in Conor Bradley.

The next 2 league game will be TAA’s chance to win his position back for the cup final or get benched by a kid playing League One football last season.

I think JĂźrgen explicitly said as much last season.

1 Like

Wasn’t TAA one of the better players before his injury or am I crazy? What kind of numbers do you expect him to have? He’s an RB that periodically shifts to the midfield and in any case, there is no one in world football that can rival his offensive output from his position over the past 5 years.

Also, the comparison between him and Henderson is utterly ridiculous.

I have no problem with that. I just don’t think that it should be taken for granted that Bradley has displaced TAA after playing the grand total of 2 league games.

3 Likes